• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An Awesome Moment

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
That isn't awsom, it's sad. The GM blew it and there was no PvP. The players got away with what they wanted.

Some DMs don't try to railroad their players, vetoing perfectly viable actions completely allowed by the RAW with an eye toward butchering their characters. I know that's a foreign concept to some, but it does occassionally happen. And it might even be a viable way to play RPGs.

Hussar

Legend
No. All that is required is a target "One creature." The Divine Power of the Prayer forces the creature to comply regardless of intelligence, linguistics, or even the ability to hear. Whatever word you choose to make the emphasis of Command (it is only for Role-playing Purposes anyway, you can say "Bananas" and get the same effect) you daze them and can choose to both knock them prone and slide them a certain number of squares.

Now go hang your wet blank out on the clothes line. :)

- Marty Lund

Heh, you can tell I still play 3e too. My first thought was, "Hey, you can't do that with Command." LOL

Ravingdork

Explorer
Whatever word you choose to make the emphasis of Command (it is only for Role-playing Purposes anyway, you can say "Bananas" and get the same effect) you daze them and can choose to both knock them prone and slide them a certain number of squares.

Now go hang your wet blank out on the clothes line. :)

- Marty Lund

Actually, the Command prayer in 4th Edition dazes the target and either knocks them prone or slides them a number of squares equal to 3 + Charisma modifier (5 squares in my character's case).

You can't knock them prone AND slide them. You have to choose between the two effects. Either way you go with it, the target is still dazed. Nothing happens at all if you miss the attack roll.

I needed to hit a high level monster's Will defense AND hope the beast was going to fail his save (something elites tend not to do). Had he succeeded, he would have been knocked prone instead of stumbling over the edge. It very easily could have gone very differently...

CLERIC: You shall go no further!
*SPLAT!*

Last edited:

Remove ads