• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An elven Sorceror or Noble

Siridar

First Post
I'm not too happy with his left arm (not the one holding the robe/cloak.

Attachments

• elf_color.jpg
    elf_color.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 218

CrazyMage

4th Level Lawful Good Cleric
Malessa, sweet sig! That's a great album, and I never properly thanked my friend who introduced me to it.

Chain Lightning

First Post
Looks cool.

I like it.

I like how you chose to have him bald. Most elves are depicted having hair. I guess because hair is part of the over all package that helps make someone beautiful/handsome and artists prefer to have elves be a comely race.

The tattoo on the forehead is cool too. Heh heh, I do that a lot as well. I drew this one dwarf one time and I put a tattoo on his bald head. Perhaps some real world asthetics seeping into our fantasy art?

Maybe.

Your pose is nice. Seems to personify the role well. Since you mentioned his left hand; the only thing I can think of to maybe tweak it, is to re-do the thumb.

Are you left handed or right handed?

If you're right handed (you, the artist, not the Sorcerer/Noble) just pose your own left hand coming at you from the same angle and gesture (for reference) as you re-draw the hand. You might've have already done this. But don't be shy with trying again. Even doing it real slow and tediously. The time you spend will be worth it. The hand is a major feature of the composition and when you pull it off nicely it will be worth all the headaches you went thru to get it right.

Anyways, keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more from you.

kkoie

First Post
I think the arm looks fine, but if you are not satisfied, what you might do is use yourself as reference. Stand infront of the mirror, and hold your arm in the perspective you want it in the drawing. That might help you make it more realistic.

K Koie

Siridar

First Post
wow. a whole bunch of responses. Makes me feel all warm and fuzy inside. :)

Thanks for all the input and kind words everyone.

Most of the stuff I post(ed) is mainly sketches that I sorta half finish and then go in and color.

What can I say, I'm lazy. I'm not planning on making a career out of my artwork, so I guess that sorta influences my outlook on things. Not to suggest I only do half-assed work.

I almost never use a model for reference. Just something I never bothered doing, but something I plan on changing.
And I am left-handed.

As for his look, I wanted sort of a not nice elf without necessarily having him be a drow. I figured the bald look and tattoos would make him more intimidating as an elf, since it's so out of the norm for that particular race.

Tanager

Re: Not happy about the arm

Since you're unhappy with the pose I'll suggest this:

If you rework it, try drawing it with the collar and shoulder angled slightly forward toward the viewer. You might also want to turn the thumb outward more from the hand.

Other than that I can't say anything bad about it, even if tattooed, bald elves aren't usually my thing.

Remove ads