• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E An Evil Campaign For Pathfinder

gdmcbride

First Post
Greetings all,

For sale now at paizo.com -- a Pathfinder compatible evil campaign entitled "Way of the Wicked".

The first book is 100-page, full color PDF, 1st-5th level and available now.

There is also a free 32-page pdf preview.

This is the first product from Fire Mountain Games.

I wrote it and if you have any questions, I'd be delighted to answer them.

This is the kick off of a dedicated 1st-20th level adventure path for villianous PCs. No paladins need apply. In fact, the big bad of the first adventure is a paladin.

You've saved the world plenty.

Isn't it time the world needed saving from you?

Gary McBride

gdmcbride

First Post
Trust me

Shouldn't that be the Big Good is a paladin? :D

Don't be ridiculous. Your honest forthright friend and patron the High Priest of Asmodeus assures you this guy is super-bad and definitely has to die.

You know ... this guy...

Adrastus_preview.jpg

Who are you to doubt him?

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

gdmcbride

First Post
Very interesting preview. Are there any plans to put it together as a bundled package once all the parts are released?

Glad you enjoyed the preview!

Right now, no. We'll be releasing one 100-page full color chapter every two months. Part Two "Call Forth Darkness" will thus see a February release.

For the foreseeable future the individual chapters will be the only way to get "Way of the Wicked".

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

Crothian

First Post
How many parts are there? Do you have advice for having an evil party work together for such a long period or are they just being lied to and deceived like you seem to indicate above? Is there the option for the PCs to betray and turn on the people they are working for and with?

gdmcbride

First Post
How many parts are there? Do you have advice for having an evil party work together for such a long period or are they just being lied to and deceived like you seem to indicate above? Is there the option for the PCs to betray and turn on the people they are working for and with?

Six parts. The free preview available here has a full campaign synposis.

Yes, the first chapter features a dedicated essay about how to run an evil campaign and addresses what I see as the five major pitfalls of being the bad guys:
#1 The proactive nature of villainy
#2 Dealing with minions
#3 Interparty conflict
#4 The dangers of being too evil (i.e. everyone has limits!)
#5 The banality of evil

Additionally, there is advice throughout the text and via sidebars.

The PCs are not being deceived necessarily. Each PC wants revenge for their own reason. Their boss is certainly capable of lying though to get what he wants.

There is absolutely the option to betray your master. Though be cautious -- he is both powerful and paranoid. In fact, the fifth chapter "The Devil My Only Master" is all about whacking the boss and becoming the new master of your evil organization.

Hope that helps,
Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

afstanton

Explorer
Incidentally, I played in an evil campaign a long time ago. After a full year, real time, of ridiculous PvP infighting, the surviving characters had accumulated enough cross-allegiances and deals, and grudging mutual respect, that we quit trying to kill each other off in our sleep. We then terrorized the countryside of the game world and had a total blast.

In another game, years later, different people, as we were killing off local bad guys very methodically and actually starting to set up small organizations of our own, the DM made a comment about how pleasantly surprised he was that we were doing so well. My reply: "We don't care about helping the population, that's incidental. We're eliminating the competition." He sobered up and got a thoughtful, slightly scared look on his face.

:)

Ah, the bad old days. Fun stuff.

gdmcbride

First Post
Incidentally, I played in an evil campaign a long time ago. After a full year, real time, of ridiculous PvP infighting, the surviving characters had accumulated enough cross-allegiances and deals, and grudging mutual respect, that we quit trying to kill each other off in our sleep. We then terrorized the countryside of the game world and had a total blast.

You know, we've actually given a lot of thought to avoiding the first part of the evil game you describe -- the pointless backstabbing and petty infighting phase -- in "Way of the Wicked".

In this campaign, the PCs are tried for a crime they DID commit, branded and sent to the worst prison in the kingdom to receive their due justice. If they want to escape, they have to work together. Once they do escape, they have only each other.

Sure, they are recruited into a shadowy evil organization. Sure, that organization gives them a method to exact revenge against those who branded them and sent them to die. But they can never be sure exactly what that organization's goals are.

All they have is each other. It's you against the world.

The world is in trouble.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

Remove ads