• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An [Evil] Holy Warrior? Negitive level issues...

FireLance

Legend
I believe Savage Species had a section on acquiring and losing descriptors, including alignment descriptors. I don't have the book with me so I can't go into further detail.

Kemrain

First Post
Thank you, Hypersmurf. I should have guess you'd find a way, and within the rules, too. I'll point that out to my GM, and if anything, it'll set precidence for a homebrew PrC.

Fauxargent, the Use Magic Device argument is a good one, and I'll try it out with my GM. Unfortunately, my character's stuck with a +6 modifier for a while. Oh well, one can dream.

WCrawford, I've been given permission to give her a home-brewed Half-Fiend template, based off of that most unusual demon, the Succubus. Some Dr, some Energy Resistance, a few stat bumps (3 +2's), Charm Person, Suggestion and Alter Self at will, with low save DC's. Not terribly impressive, compared to the Half Fiend template (though the At Will abilities are nice), but it has a lower EL and fits the world/character much better.

- Kemrain the [Good?]

Oh, just for more massochism, would the Holy and [Evil] Outsider Bane weapon abilities stack?

Last edited:

foxylady

First Post
I'm not convinced that having the [Evil] descriptor should matter in this case. Why? Because an evil-aligned character does not have the [Evil] descriptor merely by being evil. Therefore, the negative-level property of an aligned weapon must trigger off alignment, not descriptor. Since the character in question does not have evil alignment, he should be able to wield the weapons without losing a level.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
foxylady said:
I'm not convinced that having the [Evil] descriptor should matter in this case. Why? Because an evil-aligned character does not have the [Evil] descriptor merely by being evil. Therefore, the negative-level property of an aligned weapon must trigger off alignment, not descriptor. Since the character in question does not have evil alignment, he should be able to wield the weapons without losing a level.

Evil Subtype: A subtype usually applied only to outsiders native to the evil-aligned Outer Planes. Evil outsiders are also called fiends. Most creatures that have this subtype also have evil alignments; however, if their alignments change, they still retain the subtype. Any effect that depends on alignment affects a creature with this subtype as if the creature has an evil alignment, no matter what its alignment actually is. The creature also suffers effects according to its actual alignment. A creature with the evil subtype overcomes damage reduction as if its natural weapons and any weapons it wields were evil-aligned (see Damage Reduction, above).

-Hyp.

Darklone

In one Kalamar adventure there is a magic gauntlet that allows you to wield an intelligent weapon ... but it blocks everything (all special abilities of the weapon) but the weapons enhancement bonus...

Needless to say: the weapons don't like to be turned of.

Remove ads