• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An Item a day

Penthau

Explorer
Wildshape Totem

Wildshape Totem: Allows specific magic items to function while wildshaped. The totem is a
reproduction of the owner’s natural form, with tiny versions of the items that are to be
preserved during wild shaping. Each slot on the totem allows the bearer to benefit from an
item that is worn in that slot. The possible slots are rings (x2) and wondrous item slots (headgear, goggles, neck, etc.). Doesn't provide slots for armor, shield or weapon. Cost: 8000 gp per slot.

domino

First Post
I think it's fairly well accepted that many wondrous items will function in wildshaped form anyways. But I could be wrong.

Sravoff

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Divine Reach is also from the Complete Divine, by the way. If you're looking for a 3.5 version.

Divine reach is also in the 3.5 dmg under the Hierophant prestige class.

-Sravoff

Sravoff

First Post
Restless Blade of Ashguer

Ashguer was once a mighty warrior from the kingdom of Hesgerald. He was a warrior of high statue and lived for naught but the sword. While exploring the caverns of Theldeim, beneath the temple of Sadamien, he came upon the greatest jewel he had ever seen. It sat upon an alter of bronze and was surounded by three burning pedestals of stone. He took the jewel and returned to a long time smith friend of his in the city of Gempaul. Here he fashioned the stone into the hilt of his friends grandest sword. Once it was in place and the metal colled, the sword was wreathed in flames. Ashguer grabbed it and bent its will to his own. Since then it served him faithfully, though he could no longer rest. After his death the blade has surfaced many time, and is usually the cause of its owners death, by way of its flame.

The Restless Blade of Ashguer is a great sword of ornate design, red gold inlays entwined with the blade give the impression it is wreathed in flame. Its pummel is comprised of a large ruby the size of a childs fist.

The Restless Blade is a +2 greatsword with flaming, and flaming burst abilities. The blade also may attack on its own with a +10 to attack and +4 to damage. The blade, and any one wielding it, may pass through stone at the wielders nortmal movement rate.

The pumel is home to a crazed Maeder, who thinks it great fun to watch its wielder die by the blade it holds. The Maeder's name is Korbeil, and will serve faithfully until a great battle, it will then slay its wielder near the end.

The other bit about stone to flesh is also used as per the 2nd editions male medsua's, the maeder, who get trapped in gemstones, called glypters.

I need help with the rest so if any one is a 2e guru, please help!

price: priceless

-Sravoff

Azakiel

Explorer
One thing about your blade sravoff is that the flaming and flaming burst qualities do not stack with each other. Flaming burst is just a more powerful version of Flaming.
Azakiel

Sravoff

First Post
hhmm... I though flaming burst was crit?

ok checked, scrap the flaming bit then.

you learn something every day,

Thanks!

-Sravoff

genshou

First Post
Sravoff said:
hhmm... I though flaming burst was crit?

ok checked, scrap the flaming bit then.

you learn something every day,

Thanks!

-Sravoff
Actually, flaming and flaming burst do stack. The weapon still deals only 1d6 damage on a normal hit, but on a critical hit it deals the 1d6 plus any bonus d10s. I've always used the HR that the base damage for a burst stacks with that of the basic elemental quality (thus a flaming, flaming burst sword is an enhanced version of flaming burst that deals 2d6 bonus fire dice on a normal hit, or 1d6 + the bonus d10s on a critical). Considering that's an overall 3 market value, is it unbalanced? Hardly.

dedicated

First Post
genshou said:
Actually, flaming and flaming burst do stack. The weapon still deals only 1d6 damage on a normal hit, but on a critical hit it deals the 1d6 plus any bonus d10s. I've always used the HR that the base damage for a burst stacks with that of the basic elemental quality (thus a flaming, flaming burst sword is an enhanced version of flaming burst that deals 2d6 bonus fire dice on a normal hit, or 1d6 + the bonus d10s on a critical). Considering that's an overall 3 market value, is it unbalanced? Hardly.
No, they don't the d6 is always not on a crit

Sravoff

First Post
3.5 dmg said:
A flaming burst weapon functions as a flaming weapon that also explodes with flame upon striking a successful critical hit. Flame does not hurs wielder. In addition to the extra damage from the flaming ability (see above), a flaming weapon burst weapon deals an extra 1d10 points of fire damage on a succesful critical hit.

so you let both of them stack? with both thats 2d6 extra on all hits and an extra 1d10 on crits.

-Sravoff

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads