• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E An open letter to Paizo

Status
Not open for further replies.

6pakofdwarves

First Post
crazypixie said:
I think a compromise that I believe would be agreeable to both viewpoints, would simply to have a label on the page of some sort that clearly marks the doll as being for a certain age group...I hesitate to use the term "mature audiences" since that term is often applied to immature things that are nonetheless adult in nature.

Now this, I can get behind.

6pakofdwarves

First Post
crazypixie said:
Veering back toward topic, irresponsible parenting and marketing is really what is at issue here. Giving caffeine to a 1 year old is irresponsible parenting. Marketing caffeinated beverages, or tobacco products...or dolls that promote drug use to children, is irresponsible marketing.

Warning labels are responsible marketing that make responsible parenting easier.

I agree with the solution, but I don't think that would do it for the OP. I get the feeling this is pretty black and white for him. I could be wrong, but the nature and tone of his post leads me to believe he would not care if it was labeled "mature".

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Interestingly, the reason that page is coming up blank for many people, myself included, is because you have to be signed in to see it. In fact, it just took me to a page saying it contained adult material and had a warning.

So there's obviously a kind of 'protection' of sorts already in place at the Paizo store...maybe the best solution is just to add this plush to that kind of thing.
I think we have a winner. This product shouldn't have been called out in the customer e-mail and it should have been tagged to get the adult log-in requirement.

AnonymousOne

First Post
Following his line of reasoning we should eliminate the existence of taverns, bars, and alcohol in D&D because underage drinking is illegal in the states.

Are you crazy?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
takasi said:

I don't have any use for the BoVD either, but at least it's directly related to, what I assume, is Paizo's core customer base.

I can't figure out why they need to sell that doll. While it doesn't necessarily make me less likely to buy from Paizo (boycott! boycott!) it's not exactly encouraging me, either.

Frankly, it makes them look juvenile. That's what bothers me most about it. Who over there thinks it's a worthwhile offering? The folks at Paizo are huge stoners? They find it funny? They think we are stoners? They think we'll find it funny? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads