• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An open "Thank you" to Erik Mona

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Indeed. Erik Mona has brought Dungeon to new heights. I honestly believe that the magazine has never been better and I started reading with issue 8. Please don't let anything I or anyone else has said detract or distract from the excellent job you have done Erik. I may have some issues with certain aspects of Dungeon - but they pale in comparison to the overall quality of the mag.

Thank you Erik Mona!

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Don't have much to add, but I've always liked Dungeon, even though it was on hiatus for me till 3.0 :heh: Keep up the good stuff

AND GIVE US MORE GREYHAWK AND EBERRON!! :D

diaglo

Adventurer
JoeBlank said:
I started playing D&D over 20 years ago. I have copies of Dragon Magazine from that time period. I've glanced through issues of Dungeon here and there, but it never really grabbed me. With the latest format, I picked up a few issues and was thrilled. When my Dragon sub came up for renewal in December I added a Dungeon sub as well, for the first time ever. I've read more issues of Dungeon in the past 8 months than I have in the previous 20 years.

Where did some people get the idea that every single page of a magazine must be to their liking? There are certainly a few articles in each issue that just are not for me, but overall the entire issue is always worth the price paid. I'm very pleased with both magazines, and see myself subscribing for the foreseeable future.

Also, Erik, you have defended your position well. Thanks for joining in the discussions here. It is clear that your heart is set on putting out the best magazine possible, and we certianly appreciate it.

On edit: Forgot to mention that Erik's passion has convinced me to give Downer another chance. Part of the problem is that I feel behind on the story. I see that Kyle has several of them on his website, but nothing before episode 18.

Any chance of getting earlier episodes posted somewhere, either on paizo or Kyle's site?
there is always the OD&D library caretaker's collection ;)

even if i hat Downer. i still enjoy the new format too.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Keith F Strohm said:
If I had to storm hell, their are only a few people I would take with me, but you can be damn sure that Erik Mona would stand among them.

Now, to prove my geekitude, if someone (say, Kyle) wrote up a parody comic as, say a companion piece to Downer in Dragon, "Keith Strohm storms the Hells" and puts all the Paizo employees in as adventurers in, oh, say, a three or four-issue series, I'd no doubt buy and read it, just for that if nothing else. :D

(I was looking recently at some of Dave Sutherland's little comics of the 1970's TSR crew, and got nostalgic).

Doing an awesome job, guys. :)

DonTadow

First Post
Henry said:
Now, to prove my geekitude, if someone (say, Kyle) wrote up a parody comic as, say a companion piece to Downer in Dragon, "Keith Strohm storms the Hells" and puts all the Paizo employees in as adventurers in, oh, say, a three or four-issue series, I'd no doubt buy and read it, just for that if nothing else. :D

(I was looking recently at some of Dave Sutherland's little comics of the 1970's TSR crew, and got nostalgic).

Doing an awesome job, guys. :)
Hmm I see an idea for an April Fool's Issue Hey I want statblocks for everybody

Seule

Explorer
I, personally, would much rather see Wil Save included than Downer. However, I realize that the magazine isn't specifically designed to meet my tastes, but to meet the tastes of the target market as a whole, which I am one part of. It still does that. I'll keep my subscription, because the main point of the magazine (adventures) continues to be consistently very high quality.

Thanks, Erik.

--Seule

SJ

Explorer
me too.

I've been a subscriber to Dungeon since issue...31 or something. Dragon since 88 or so. I say that they've both had good and bad runs, but right now I'm more impressed and happy with them than I've been in a while. I think Erik and his staff turn out GREAT products.

Keep up the good work, don't stop improving the magazine for us readers.

DonTadow

First Post
Keith F Strohm said:
During my past ten years in the gaming industry, I have worked with some of the most talented and dedicated gaming professionals in various disciplines on many high profile brands. Erik Mona stands, without a doubt, among the top of that short list. He is a man of deep passion and deeper vision, whose love for Dungeons & Dragons is overshadowed only by his ability to create amazing magazines and juggle the often-times competing demands of business and art.

Erik has assembled an amazing team of individuals who work their tails off to produce the best magazines in this industry. I have tasked them all with some pretty difficult objectives, and they have risen to the challenge every time.

If I had to storm hell, their are only a few people I would take with me, but you can be damn sure that Erik Mona would stand among them. He is a great colleague and a friend, and I look forward to the continuing impact he will have on our hobby and this industry.

Keith Strohm
Chief Operating Officer
Paizo Publishing, LLC

P.S. Just giving a shout out to my peeps, yo!

P.P.S. Erik, stop reading this thread and put your legs back in the shackles that keep you at your desk.

HMMM Do you think Mr. Strohm will let Erik come out and play again. Seriously we might as well go out and tell you guys that you're during a great job at Paizo, not just the material but the marketing (I see it a lot more now in the last two years than i have in a bit) and advertising (diversity and screening of advertisers) have been pretty good. IT's my favorite magazines by far and not just for the gaming material, but the delivery, timliness and variety. I only look forward to two of my subscriptions a month, Dungeon and Dragon, in which I immediately tear open and read like a kid on Xmas. Time, Rolling Stones, EGM and GAmepro are placed on the coffee table and read at leasure or to show people that I have "culture".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads