• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ancient History Q&A

Abstruse

Legend
First I've heard of it, but if you look at the date, that was in 2008. Which was when 4e was first being published. And if I'm not mistaken, it was before the far more restrictive license for third party publishers was released. Since Earthdawn IP is owned by Topps and just licensed, I'm betting that the new Game System License was too restrictive with their license for Earthdawn. That's just my guess, though.

Abstruse

Legend
Probably a good guess. That leads me to my other question.

If I was only really interested in shadowrun history, especially for 5th edition, what edition of earthdawn would you recommend?

It seems that the newest 'revised' is still being released. http://earthdawn.fasagames.com/edr-core-rulebooks.html

Honestly? There's nothing for you in EARTHDAWN if you're focused on SR5 plots. None of them are going to involve anything from EARTHDAWN except for crossover characters that are core to the worlds. If you want to dig into old 2050s stuff or draw off those plots, you'd be best served by just going for an EARTHDAWN wiki or if you can find Ancient History's original website where he talks about all the connections (I believe it's down, but you can find it using archive.org). The only sourcebook I completely and wholeheartedly recommend is called THE BOOK OF DRAGONS, which talks about the different dragons in Earthdawn and almost all of them survived to the Sixth World. You can get it from Drive Thru. There's a couple of others you might want to check out, but that's the only one that has a lot of information directly related to SHADOWRUN and especially SR5. And any of the really good information, you can pretty much get from summaries (those mostly involve the various immortal elves who used to run Tir Tairngire and still run Tir nA nOg).

I never really played EARTHDAWN, so I can't recommend many other books as I've only ever skimmed through ones my friends got years ago. It's a great campaign world, though, so if you want to run a game in it, that's a completely different story. There's a lot of really awesome books for the system over the years. I'm talking solely in how the books relate to the SHADOWRUN world.

More recent history than ancient, but if someone right here could know this, smart money say the person is following this topic.

The Horizon description in Core SR5 alludes to an incident in Las Vegas pertaining technomancers. Is there a canonical source about this or is it just implied something bad occurred and is up to the GM to weave this event?

Derren

Hero
More recent history than ancient, but if someone right here could know this, smart money say the person is following this topic.

The Horizon description in Core SR5 alludes to an incident in Las Vegas pertaining technomancers. Is there a canonical source about this or is it just implied something bad occurred and is up to the GM to weave this event?

I think that references some events from Twilight Horizon, a book which I do not have.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads