• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

And down goes Ken Jennings...

The_lurkeR

First Post
For those who didn't catch it, Ken Jennings finally lost tonight on Jeopardy!

He had the lead but lost with the Final Jeopardy question.
I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of news stories with more details.

Count me among those who are glad to see him go!
He went from curiosity, to bore, to annoyance. :p

He was a ratings goldmine for Jeopardy. I'm sure they're sorry to see him go.

I know that they changed the rules to allow for runs like his, but I can't imagine anyone topping 74 straight wins again with the kind of lopsided victories he managed. I watched at least half of his games and most of the time he was blowing opponents out of the water. I only saw a couple of Final Jeopardys where he even could have lost.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It's over! I'm crushed to see him go! :(

At least he'll be back for the tournament of champions later this season, and probably other special tournaments also.

We miss you Ken!

Chun-tzu

First Post
I watched it because it had been leaked on the Internet that Jennings would lose today, on the front page of Excite news. Kind of kills the suspense, you know? It was a little anti-climactic. Jennings didn't lose from just the final jeopardy question, he lost because he missed two daily doubles and the final jeopardy question. Oh well.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Likable enough in the interview on Letterman. Although he, himself, is probably too self-efacing to say so, he's a pretty good example of success through good clean living. ;)

Mystery Man

First Post
Nothing short of amazing. I actually did not see that one coming, having spent the day in a semi-internet vacuum I turned on Jeopardy to watch Ken slaughter two more hapless would-be smart people.
He went the other way with it. What a great run!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads