And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g)

twilsemail

First Post
GM: Blue guys a re minions, so they popped. Flooding in SE PA is keeping me from posting much. Evacuations are happening in my area. I'll keep you as up to date as I can.

D10 wasn't originally the blue boss, but the Map I was working off of didn't have D10 on there. D10 is now the Blue Boss and I'll get a stat block for G13. It's been a rough week. Sorry guys

Stupid tropical storm.

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: If there was just the Otyugh close by me, I would not have used the PP to make Bull's strength a close blast, and just used it normally (easy to retcon, just use the one attack on the Otyugh (21) and if I hit, increase the damage by 2)--since the blue guys would have been minons and not there when I moved up. just realized that the blue boss was in D10 and got pulled to I7 as well, so I will still have used the PP to make bull's str a blast..see the stats now, some reason I missed them before.

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
GM: Mid turn update on the Map. Only waiting on Kaz.

[sblock=combat status]
Toeto:
Eithal:
Kaz:
Yishim:
Fredrock:
Scarm:

Lumpy Otyugh: -54; Down 2 AC
Bell Ringer Boss: -54; Down 2 AC
Green Guy: -9
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]
Otyugh
AC 25 | F 25 | R 19 | W 22
MBA: Reach 3, +15 vs AC, 1d8+8 Necrotic and ongoing 5 Psychic damage (Save Ends). The Otyugh pulls the target up to 2 squares and grabs it (escape DC: TBA)

Bell Ringer Boss:
AC 22 | F 19 | R 20 | W 21
MBA: Claw, +13 vs AC, 2d6+5 damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Green Guy:
AC 24 | F 21 | R 20 | W 19
MBA: Claw, +13 vs AC, 2d8+7 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Entering F7/I7]There is another blue creature in C7 and one in M7, also holding bells. These appear similar to the disappearing creatures you just fought.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Sorry for holding things up.

Also, Kaz has vanished from the map!

[sblock=actions]
Minor:Oath Otyugh
Move: G6
Standard: Strength of Many
Effect:Kaz gets +2 damage for each ally within 2 squares EONT. @Dekana would Sprout count?
Rolls
29 vs AC, 31 damage (+2 is Sprout counts).
Free:Boon radiant damage = 4.
ACTION POINT
Standard:Bound of Pursuit. 31 vs AC 27 damage
(+2 is Sprout counts).
Effect:
If the target doesn't end its next turn adjacent to Kaz, he can shift 4 squares as a free action, and must end the shift closer to the target.

[sblock=statblock]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 6,
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 25, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low Light
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:19, Will:21
HP: 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:7/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +8 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Amulet of Life +1
Aspect of Might
Strength of Many
Soul Seeker
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.

If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)

Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Divine Guidance Immediate Interrupt]
Target: The triggering ally Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of Kaz makes an attack roll against his oath of enmity target. Effect: The target makes a second attack roll and uses either result. Special: A character may only use one Channel Divinity power per encounter, regardless of how many they know.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Avenger's Resolve Immediate Interrupt]
Target: Personal Trigger: An enemy other than your oath hits you. Effect: You gain 5 resist to all damage EONT.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
GM: Bad guys are doing stuff. Will update as the rolling happens. This may take a while.

Blue Boss is in J8, not J7. I can't follow a straight line.

The leader of those who were carrying bells begins to ring his, glaring at Fredrock with menace in his eye. Gnashing it's teeth as the tolling fails to subvert his will, the creature looks to Eithal. Eithal's will is battered down by the charming ringing of that bell. She see's Scarm's features change and twist into some kind of foul (*ba-dum-ching*) bird demon. She swings her axe heavily down towards his skull. She slips on the muck as she attacks however and barely misses her ally. When she looks up, the demonic features and feathers are gone... Replaced by normal feathers. While that was going on, the leader took the time to put some sewage between the adventurers and itself.

The last bell ringer in the pool begins to toll as well, it's song is joined by two others out of sight.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Blue Boss:
Minor: Attack +12 vs. Will (Fred)
Standard: Attack +12 vs. Will (Eithal); Hit for 8 damage. Eithal is slid to G5 and attacks Scarm with Thorn Strike. (+13 vs. AC; 1d12+7)
Move: K14

Green Guy:
Move: I11
Minor: Attack +9 vs. Will (Fred, Kaz) Miss Both.
[/sblock]

[sblock=combat status]
Toeto:
Eithal:
Kaz:
Yishim:
Fredrock:
Scarm:

Lumpy Otyugh: -83; Down 2 AC, marked by Fred
Bell Ringer Boss: -54; Down 2 AC
Green Guy: -9
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]
Otyugh
AC 25 | F 25 | R 19 | W 22
MBA: Reach 3, +15 vs AC, 1d8+8 Necrotic and ongoing 5 Psychic damage (Save Ends). The Otyugh pulls the target up to 2 squares and grabs it (escape DC: TBA)
Aura 1: Living enemies take a -2 penalty to attack rolls while within the aura

Bell Ringer Boss:
AC 22 | F 19 | R 20 | W 21
MBA: Claw, +13 vs AC, 2d6+5 damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Green Guy:
AC 24 | F 21 | R 20 | W 19
MBA: Claw, +13 vs AC, 2d8+7 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Toeto looks askance at the wall when Eithal madly attacks Scarm. "N-no, please stop, Eithal!" she cries out. The lizardfolk can't help but tremble when she sees that kind of magic at work.

Getting over that initial panic, Toeto urges Sprout into the battle. He treads over the water and into his pack of allies. The basilisk hisses loudly, and each of the heroes surrounding him is engulfed in a faint green light. When the light dims a few moments later, the heroes are each surrounded by a transparent layer of scales an inch from their bodies.
Sprout then claws at the huge otyugh and very nearly scores a hit, though one of the writhing tentacles deflects his blow at the last moment.

OOC: Kaz, Eithal, Scarm, and Fredrock gain 3 resistance to all damage until the end of the encounter.
[sblock=Luinnar]Sprout doesn't count as an ally, unfortunately. He's sort of like a lizard-shaped flaming sphere: I can attack with him, but he's not a creature.[/sblock][sblock=Stat block/Actions]Actions
Move: Sprout moves to H6.

Minor: Protective Roots. Kaz, Eithal, Scarm, and Fredrock gain 3 resistance to all damage until the end of the encounter. (I don't see a map for this turn, so you can double check that the listed allies are in burst 1 of H6).

Standard: Protecting Strike vs Lumpy Otyugh misses. (1d20+9=21)

PC:Toeto (Dekana) - L4W Wiki - Female Lizardfolk Shaman 6
Initiative +5, Senses: Insight +7, Perception +12; low-light vision
HP 53/53; Bloodied 26, Surge Value 13, Surges 10/10
AC 22; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 19
Speed 5
Action Points 1

Conditions

Powers
Spirit's Shield, OA through Sprout: +9 vs Ref, 4 damage, effect: one ally within 5 squares of the SC gains 7 hp (10 if adjacent to the SC).
Call Spirit Companion, Imposter's Finemail, Protecting Strike, Voice of Battle
Certain Threat, Healing Spirit x2, Lizardfolk Recovery, Speak with Spirits, Spring Renewal Strike, Sudden Restoration
Healing Word, Hungry Spirits Totem, Protective Roots, Spirit of the Healing Flood, Wind of Pain and Succor

Notes
Any ally adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains +3 additional hit points when he or she uses second wind or when Toeto uses a healing power on him or her.
Boon: When Toeto summons Sprout, enemies adjacent to her take 1 radiant damage and allies adjacent to Sprout gain 1 THP.

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 13 or more damage from a single blow, and Toeto takes 8 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Toeto's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 5 squares whenever Toeto takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I just realized that I forgot to narrate Kaz's action last turn, sorry about that :confused:

Foul creature, prepare to meet your end! Kaz shouts, hefting his axe again and slicing a lump out of the foul creature. Eithal-chan, do not listen to those chimes!
[sblock=actions
[FONT=Verdana]Standard:Bound of Pursuit vs [/FONT]Lumpy Otyugh. 30 vs AC 23 damage.
Effect: If the target doesn't end its next turn adjacent to Kaz, he can shift 4 squares as a free action, and must end the shift closer to the target.
[/sblock]
[sblock=statblock]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 6,
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 25, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low Light
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:19, Will:21
HP: 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:7/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +8 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Amulet of Life +1
Aspect of Might
Strength of Many
Soul Seeker
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1

Conditions: 3 DR
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.

If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)

Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Divine Guidance Immediate Interrupt]
Target: The triggering ally Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of Kaz makes an attack roll against his oath of enmity target. Effect: The target makes a second attack roll and uses either result. Special: A character may only use one Channel Divinity power per encounter, regardless of how many they know.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Avenger's Resolve Immediate Interrupt]
Target: Personal Trigger: An enemy other than your oath hits you. Effect: You gain 5 resist to all damage EONT.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

twilsemail

First Post
GM: [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION], [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] I got interrupted at work and wasn't able to finish the monster turn. There are still 2 blue guys and an Otyugh to act. I'm going to work on adding in their turns now. I won't be able to add a new map until Monday.

I'll leave it up to you guys. You can have snuck into the enemys' turn or you can take them over after I get done rolling for the other three.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Oh, sorry. I saw the actions posted so I thought the round was over. I guess I should sneak in the turn now and skip posting for the coming round. I wouldn't want to take a second chance at an attack roll.

Remove ads