• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Andargor's SRD 3.5 XML and MySQL database

Tharian

First Post
There do not appear to be any new updates. The version on his site still shows 1.3. Despite his earlier posting of a 1.4 version coming "soon", I do not believe it will show since that post was from well over a year ago.

maransreth

Explorer
Andragor's website had a crash awhile back and the recovered file was only to version 1.3.

I don't think anyone has made anything from the original XML data. I know when I imported it into Access there were a couple of minor typos, but nothing spectacular.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Holy necro batman! :eek:

Yes, that is correct: shortly after my last post here, I suffered a catastrophic hard disk crash and Murphy was visiting at the same time (I have backups, but I ran out of space). End result: 6 months of work on 1.4 got blown away.

So I went on extended sabbatical. :)

As to what the database is for, it's for anyone that wants to code tools. It is not an "end-user" product. AFAIK, a bunch of people have either used it directly, or taken the opportunity of using more "usable" data to transform it for their needs (like converting it to other formats or chopping things up further).

I am still on sabbatical (and gaming more than I have ever gamed :D ), so no updates forthcoming.

A.

dpmcalister

Explorer
Fair enough :D

I'm in the process of trying (!) to teach myself PHP so I'm hoping that your database will be an excellent basis upon which I can create all sorts of wonderful stuff - not sure what yet... it all depends on where my PHP-teaching goes ;)

I would like to say thanks though for giving the community all your hard work. If I had any spare cash I'd drop you a donation for your effort :D

Remove ads