• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Angel - episode 100 - 2/4/04 [SPOILERS]

KnowTheToe

First Post
I forgot how much I liked her character, but I am happy she wants to put her family first. You only get one shot with your kids. Anyway I was greatly saddened at her death because the show lacks any interesting characters, the current ones have become nearly iconic. I was also hopeful the tema would be leaving W&H and since I hate the whole W&H thing, there is little to keep my interest. I am glad I watched this episode it was very good. My only disappointment was the final fight scene. Instead of Angel just getting a smart mouth and sharp wit, I would have liked to seen him in all his fighting glory as well. Not much flash in the final fight.

Welverin

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
I assume you mean "wouldn't". Like I said, just a netrumor, you know what they're good for...
But, her statement could have meant she was leaving, not dead. Doesn't matter really, was just curious.

Yep, I meant wouldn't. Her statement could have meant something different, but after the fact it makes sense.

Vocenoctum said:
"She" didn't consort with anyone. Jasmine took her over and did plenty.
Cordelia remembers what happened, but was little more than a spectator.

Close enough, which should give you an idea of how much I hate anything relating to Connor.

RatPunk said:
There are any number of reasons he could have reconsidered (his hand, Darla, Angel running W&H). My money is on the last one, and the opportunity to screw over both Angel and the Senior Partners was probably just too good to pass up.

He actually said something to that effect during the fight.

Tiberius

Explorer
Something occurred to me while I was falling to sleep last night. Just before Doyle died, he kissed Cordelia and transferred his visions to her. Just before Cordelia died, she kissed Angel. I wonder if she transferred her visions to him?

Rackhir

Explorer
It was a great ep, one of the best out of Angel ever I'd say. The ending was an especially poignant one and a great way to wrap up the Cordelia threads, definitely not just the old "We just have to go different ways" schtick.

However, I was wondering exactly why she spent the entire episode with her breasts practically hanging out? It seemed out of character. I could understand doing it if they were bringing her back to add more sex appeal to the show, but it was clearly going to be a one shot deal. Yes, she always dressed to appeal, but this seemed more Baywatchish (ie. crass voyurisim) than anything else.

CCamfield

First Post
RatPunk said:
Lindsey isn't finished off by a long shot. In an interview on a local radio station yesterday morning, David Boreanaz said that Lindsey would be gone for a couple of episodes, but he would be back.

Hey, you know that verbal thrashing you got over on rpg.net? And the somewhat less harsh complaint (but complaint nonetheless) you got from me there?

I read this forum too. :)

Please, no spoilers for future episodes in threads which aren't specifically noted as "Spoilers for future episodes".

I'd really like it if people didn't talk about the previews either, because we don't get them here in Canada and I like my Angel episodes the way I like Christmas presents - total surprises - but I realize that'd be a bit more of an uphill struggle...

Though, here's an idea: what about discussing the previews in a separate thread, the start of the thread for discussion for that next episode?

RatPunk

First Post
CCamfield said:
Hey, you know that verbal thrashing you got over on rpg.net? And the somewhat less harsh complaint (but complaint nonetheless) you got from me there?

I read this forum too. :)

Jeez, sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning... :D

Y'know, I heard a rumor that in a future episode, Angel is going to do stuff, and bad guys will try to mess with him, and . . . oh no, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spoil anything. Sorry for the snarky comments, but really, who couldn't see the way things are going to go? I mean, the specifics will certainly surprise us, but I know Joss Whedon isn't stupid enough to build up a villain for four episodes and then dump him before he gets his master plot off. Of course the guy's coming back.

Oh, and who wants to bet the robot ninja guys will play into some future plot thread?

Spoilers for Final Fantasy X-2:
Did anyone else notice a weird correlation between Lindsey and Shuyin? Sneaking into a stronghold after death, activating this strange weapon/monster thing, and then being killed before he could get it off? Heck, if Lindsey can bring Spike back to being corporeal, I'm sure if he dies he's got some insurance.

I do wish the final fight had been a bit longer, but yeah, the Matrix-esque stunts were pretty fun.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Yeah, a real spoiler would be (seriously, don't read this unless you want a major plot point spoiled... I'm not kidding)
Fred is gonna die in an upcoming episode... I think it's 15, so at the end of February

Well, since my thread wasn't merged into this one like I asked, I'll just add in my agreement with everyone else.

Also, my woman Harmony owns Eve. That whole scene was great. I won't ever argue that she should be a main character, but she's a great secondary character.

dravot

First Post
Rackhir said:
It was a great ep, one of the best out of Angel ever I'd say. The ending was an especially poignant one and a great way to wrap up the Cordelia threads, definitely not just the old "We just have to go different ways" schtick.

However, I was wondering exactly why she spent the entire episode with her breasts practically hanging out? It seemed out of character. I could understand doing it if they were bringing her back to add more sex appeal to the show, but it was clearly going to be a one shot deal. Yes, she always dressed to appeal, but this seemed more Baywatchish (ie. crass voyeurisim) than anything else.
Eh. This seems to be the week for it. :)

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
As for Lyndsey, just remember that the last time he betrayed the firm, he got a promotion.

I, too, missed Cordelia. I couln't stand most of her character arc last year, but when she's playing the "classic" Cordy, she's awesome. I had heard the spoilers, so i was kind of ready for the ending, and I still misted up.

As for the net-rumor, I don't buy it. Charisma wasn't coming back, for whatever reason, and there was no particular reason to not kill her. I mean, it's not like they can't bring a dead character back if they want to, it would only be the... umm, I don't have that many fingers to count with.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads