• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Angel of Light

thorian

Explorer
Here is something similar to what you requested that I used for an old Planescape campaign:

seraphimangel.JPG

ANGEL OF LIGHT
Large Outsider (Good, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 16d8+112 (184 hp)
Initiative: +9 (+5 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 30 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
AC: 34 (+5 Dex, +13 natural, -1 size, +7 sacred)
Attacks: +5 greatsword +30/+25/+20/+15 melee
Damage: +5 greatsword 3d8+19 (17-20/x2)
Face/Reach: 10 ft. by 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: disarm, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: DR 10/evil, SR 28, regeneration 10, angel qualities
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 20, Con 24, Int 22, Wis 22, Cha 24
Saves: Fort +18, Ref +16, Will +17
Skills: Bluff +23, Concentration +23, Escape Artist +21, Hide +18, Knowledge (any four) +22, Listen +30, Move Silently +18, Search +22, Sense Motive +28, Spellcraft +22, Spot +30
Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Improved Critical (sword of the power) b, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (sword of the power) b, Weapon Specialization (sword of the power) b
Climate/Terrain: Any land or underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 16
Treasure: Standard coins; double goods; standard items
Alignment: Always lawful good
Advancement: 17-24 HD (Large); 25-32 (Huge)

Angels appear as celestial beings with glittering silver skin and wielding mighty swords of light. They speak in a gentle but demanding voice.

Combat
Angels rarely become involved in combat, although they are prone to attack those who insult or otherwise defame their deity.
Aura of Light (Su): The angel is surrounded by an aura of light which acts as a daylight spell and as a fire shield spell (except the damage has the [light] descriptor).
Spell-Like Abilities: At will – aid, consecrate, dismissal, dispel magic, discern location, hold monster, holy aura, hold person, holy smite, holy word, lesser restoration, light, mark of justice, remove curse, remove disease, remove fear, shapechange and teleport without error (self plus 50 pounds of objects only); 3/day – quickened divine favor, raise dead; 1/day – greater restoration and symbol (any). These abilities are as the spells cast by a 16th level sorcerer (save DC 17 + spell level).
The following abilities are always active on the angel’s person, as the spells cast by a 16th level sorcerer: detect evil, detect magic, detect snares and pits, discern lies, see invisibility, and true seeing.
Sword of Light (Su): The angel’s +5 greatsword is an extension of his being and may be manifest or dismissed as a free action.
Skills: Angels receive a +8 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks.

ANGEL QUALITIES
Immunities (Ex): All angels are immune to poison, disease, electricity, cold, acid, petrification, and spells and effects of the Enchantment school.
Resistances (Ex): All angels have fire resistance of 20.
Keen Vision (Ex): All angels have low-light vision and 120-foot darkvision.
Protective Aura (Su): Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of the angel. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against evil effect and a lesser globe of invulnerability, both with a radius of 20 feet (caster level equals angel’s HD). This aura can be dispelled, but the angel can create it again as a free action on its next turn. (The defensive benefits from the circle are not included in an angel’s statistics block.)
Telepathy (Su): All angels can communicate telepathically with any creature within 100 feet that has a language.
Tongues (Su): All angels have a permanent tongues ability as the spell cast by a 12th level sorcerer.

Meadyaon

First Post
I do not see how my description of an angel sounds gay or anime like. I would like help in making the description sound better.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Are you asking as:
-A Player, and you want a race&class combo to build this character? If so, what level are you aiming for?
-A DM, and you want stats for making a new creature? If so, [MENTION=4727]thorian[/MENTION]'s got some good stuff there.
-A mental exercise for fun, and therefore just want input on your description?

A combination of the above?

marcielle

First Post
Are your players SUPPOSE to be able to kill it eventually? If not, don't give it stats, just fluff. You can pretty much kill ANYTHING with stats. ANYTHING . Usually, reliably and repeatedly. Just give it the LoP treatment.

Meadyaon

First Post
Are you asking as:
-A Player, and you want a race&class combo to build this character? If so, what level are you aiming for?
-A DM, and you want stats for making a new creature? If so, @thorian 's got some good stuff there.
-A mental exercise for fun, and therefore just want input on your description?

A combination of the above?
A combination of all the above. I was thinking I could do a Warriors of Heaven style game for 3.5 where I could work my way to where he is turned into that character.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
A combination of all the above. I was thinking I could do a Warriors of Heaven style game for 3.5 where I could work my way to where he is turned into that character.
I don't know what Warriors of Heaven is, however if it is about turning into this character, than perhaps you'd stat out this as a creature, than build a more common character from one of the mortal races and have him quest to eventually ascend to this?

Meadyaon

First Post
I don't know what Warriors of Heaven is, however if it is about turning into this character, than perhaps you'd stat out this as a creature, than build a more common character from one of the mortal races and have him quest to eventually ascend to this?
Warriors of Heaven was 2nd edition D&D product where you could play as celestials. Your work you way up the ranks of the celestial ranks. How would I quest to become him?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Warriors of Heaven was 2nd edition D&D product where you could play as celestials. Your work you way up the ranks of the celestial ranks. How would I quest to become him?
This falls into the realm of DM territory.
Are you the player in a game with others?
Are you DMing with other players?
Are you just working on a thought experiment for fun?

Regardless of the answers to any of these questions, the answer to your question is "By presenting a really Fun, Interesting, Adventurous Quest", the details of that quest would be made up by whoever is DMing, either from imagination, looking at existing adventure modules that might fit this theme, or a combination of both.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads