• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Angelsboi passed away 16 Jun 04 (was: Angelsboi Health Update)

Gargoyle

Adventurer
My condolences to his friends here on the boards and elsewhere. He had some great posts, and you could tell he was a good person.

Express

First Post
Sad to hear this. Ive been wondering for a while AB's status. Ive lurked here for a long time and had handles on older versions of ENWorld. I played in a PbP with AB on another site-AB's PC was a tarot carrying sorceress. Though I never really knew him, I always read his posts.

I can only hope when I pass, I have such an outpouring as I see here for AB.

I can only think of a bit of Milton, thats a bit hopeful:

When once our heav'nly-guided soul shall clime,
Then all this earthy grossness quit
Attir'd with Stars, we shall for ever sit,
Triumphing over Death, and Chance,
and thee O Time.

Veander

First Post
Blind-sided me with this tonight, but I wanted to add my thoughts anyway. I just haven't been paying enough attention to the community lately (namely the chat). Anyway, I chatted with him and brat^witch quite a bit a long while back in the dnd3e chatroom on Psionics. When he left the chatroom, I lost much of my contact with him, but I did still read a thing or two of his in messageboards.

He was one of the most creative sparks of light in a community filled with raging imaginations, imo.

Good journeys, Angelsboi. Good journeys.

Veander

LcKedovan

Explorer
Impeesa said:
You know, it was just a few days ago that I was telling my girlfriend about this guy I knew online and how hard he'd been hit by AIDS. I was wondering how he was doing, because I hadn't seen an update in months. When I first saw there was a new update on his health, I breathed a small sigh of relief - that meant he had to still be hanging on, right? :(

It's a good thing my coworkers are nowhere to be found. I'm not the type to get too shaken up about the loss of anyone short of immediate family - at least, not in and of itself. But reading through so many pages, seeing how many lives he's touched without ever meeting any of them personally.. well, I may be getting a bit red-eyed here. Maybe I can pass it off as allergies.
--Impeesa--

Funny.... I have been mostly AWOL with my job for the past Year and just the other day while in Dubai (where there is a large "underground" problem with AIDS) I started wondering how Angelsboi was doing.... I came on today during training at work only to see this... :(

Like others, I have fond memories of Angelsboi from the early prolific days. He was an entertaining and upfront guy who's contributions to the board will live with us all. It isn't the first, or even second time where someone I have known online has passed away and it never gets easier to deal with. It is a tempting thing to be saddened and depressed, but I think we should all take a page from Angelsboi's attitude and instead celebrate what he brought to us all and the fact he is now free from the grips of pain. I will be hoisting a drink to him tonight... better late than never.

-Will.

Last edited:

TroyXavier

First Post
Rest in Peace, AB.

And he will lift you up on angel's wings and make you to shine like the sun.
I know you have moved on to a better place.
(modified from On Angel's Wings)

Friadoc

Explorer
Oft it's the brightest fires that burn the hottest, but they are also the shortest lived.

Angelsboi was good people, even though I only knew of him, only interacting with him upon the boards, from EN World.

Above all else, even being a gamer, he was a good human being and he shall be missed by those he touched.

Azakiel

Explorer
Memorial

As I said in an earlier post, I am willing to create a memorial area on my site.

I have created a board on my forum on the site so that people can post their memories/stories etc.

The forum is located Here

Hope this helps
Azakiel

Zander

Explorer
I only just found out that Ryan has passed away and am deeply moved by this very sad news.

I never met Ryan in person but I did send him a gift once, a Mongoose book on drow elves. I don't know if he ever got the book. I hope he did. I hope he knew how much he meant to us.

Our Angelsboi.

Our angel of the boards.

Paladin

Explorer
Okay, here is the address to sent flowers and such to since we haven't really been able to get everything together as a group:

Leia Boell
13605 n 20th st apt 1
pheonix az 85022

Bless Angelsboi... :(

Remove ads