• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Angelsboi

Henry

Autoexreginated
Cthulhu's Librarian, speaking of which, do you already have a pic of Angelsboi to use? If not, his earlier entries in his livejournal contain pictures of himself.

Henry said:
Cthulhu's Librarian, speaking of which, do you already have a pic of Angelsboi to use? If not, his earlier entries in his livejournal contain pictures of himself.
Nope, we don't have a pic yet, but Diaglo is checking to see if he has one, or is not, if any other of the group that used to play with Ryan has one that we can use. If that doesn't turn anything up, I'll pull one from his livejournal. I was hoping to get something with a bit better resolution (since we will printing theis out to place int he booth, not just an online memorial), but it would work.

Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Ryan "Angelsboi" Boell 1979-2004

[[picture]]

Ryan, or "Angelsboi" as he was known on the ENWorld forum, passed away on June 16, 2004. Ryan was a valued member of the ENWorld community, full of enthusiasm and imagination. In his parting, we are reminded not only of how great a loss his parting is to our community, but how great a gift his life was to our community.

It is the sincerest wish of the ENWorld community that he has found peace and dignity, and that his friends and family understand how important a member of the community he was.

OK, I really like this, except for one minor thing. Saying that he has found dignity implies that he had none (or not enough) before he died.

I read this a few days ago, and for some reason, how the word "dignity" is used is still bugging me. But maybe it's just me. :(

Barendd Nobeard said:
OK, I really like this, except for one minor thing. Saying that he has found dignity implies that he had none (or not enough) before he died.

I read this a few days ago, and for some reason, how the word "dignity" is used is still bugging me. But maybe it's just me. :(
No problem, we can easily change that. This was a quick draft that one of the other judges came up with when we were talking about what we could do to remember Ryan and the other ENWorld members that have passed away.

Cthulhu's Librarian said:
No problem, we can easily change that. This was a quick draft that one of the other judges came up with when we were talking about what we could do to remember Ryan and the other ENWorld members that have passed away.
I'm really glad you (all of you judges) are doing this--it's very nice, and whatever you decide is cool. I just had to get the thought out of my head by posting it. Thanks for listening.

(and OT P.S. - have you ever heard "Final Alice" by David Del Tredici? It's some of the text set to music...I may have to hook up my turntable and play it again sometime soon.)

Psion

Adventurer
Barendd Nobeard said:

I'm the one who wrote it and let me say: I said that because after listening to the story of his death, I thought it was a horrible way to die. Not a slight on his person.

But as CL said, it was mostly a first draft. I am more than willing to listen to alternatives that you think deliver the message better.

Psion said:
I'm the one who wrote it and let me say: I said that because after listening to the story of his death, I thought it was a horrible way to die. Not a slight on his person.

But as CL said, it was mostly a first draft. I am more than willing to listen to alternatives that you think deliver the message better.
I completely agree with the sentiment and the reasoning behind it. But I can't think of a better way to express it.

Like I said, maybe it's just me. I'm not very good at eulogies to begin with. Maybe I'll get inspired in the next few days and think of something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads