• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anima Beyond Fantasy

OokamiTSK

First Post
Ok so i had recently bought Anima beyond fantasy, and even though the art is amazing and the story of Gaia really captivates me im needing some help with the system itself, i sorta get the character creation but still kinda confused about it and same with some of the other macanics of it all. I was hoping people still play Anima, and seeing how any post i can find dates back to early 2010 when i search it online i was hoping posting here now i could fish out some Anima gamers.

kitsune9

Adventurer
I too have Anima, but the mechanics are a little cumbersome to digest. Have you tried your questions at the FFG forums?

OokamiTSK

First Post
I too have Anima, but the mechanics are a little cumbersome to digest. Have you tried your questions at the FFG forums?
yeah ill haft to sign up there and see if i can get some answers, i was mostly hoping to gather people who play anime on this site, you should join my group xD

thewok

First Post
My group and I are fans of anime and, of course, role-playing games. We've got BESM, but when we saw the art for Anima, and saw that it was a new RPG coming "soon," then we started salivating about it. So we waited. And waited. And waited some more.

This was many years ago, actually. Maybe even five or six years ago. When the character sheet was released, our hearts sank. It had to be the most complex thing I'd ever seen. But, it's hard to judge a game based on just a character sheet. Maybe the sheet would become crystal clear in its layout and functionality when we saw the game! So we waited. And waited. And waited some more. And then, we did more waiting.

Then, one of us spotted the book in the store. It was beautiful, indeed. But, looking through it, we all decided that it was not worth learning as a system, and we all agreed that it was way too expensive. One of us bought it anyway just for the art.

So, I can't help you with your questions, I'm afraid. But I hope this does help you understand why it's perhaps a bit slow getting an answer here. If other people had experiences like mine, then there just may not be many people playing it. On this forum, anyway.

I do hope you get your questions answered soon, though.

Remove ads