• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Animal Companion Advancement

Marimmar

First Post
Well, I was brooding over the animal companion advancement rules this morning and wondered if an advanced animal gets the additional stat point for hitting a level that is divisible by 4. They get the Skills and Feats but they don't mention the attribute points.

~Marimmar

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Considering the standardisation that was managed with advancement of creatures in 3.5e we took the step (which seemed obvious to us) of including attribute increase at every 4th HD of advanced animal companions.

Cheers

Marimmar

First Post
Well, I'm still in doubt about it since the animals gain a bonus to Str and Dex already. I Don't think that an additional Attribute point would be overpowering but I really wonder if they get it or not.

Point is, I'm currently working on advancing all possible Animal Companions so that I eventually have a list of readily available beasts to take - just like in Everquest - Monsters of Norrath. If I would later find out that they don't get the point, I'd have a lot of work to do to get them right again.

Maybe someone has a hard rule on the topic.

~Marimmar

Remove ads