• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Annihilator - Underdark

Olorin

Into the West
Looking at the Annihilator in the new Underdark book (p79-80). For its Disintegration ability, it acts as the disintegrate spell. What caster level would this ability do damage at? i.e. what caster level does this ability act at and is there some general rule I'm not aware of to determine this, or did they just omit that information from the description?

coyote6

Adventurer
I think they omitted it; more specifically, I think they were working with the 3e disintigrate in mind -- thus, no need to know caster level (the ability is Su, so SR wouldn't be a factor).

I believe the general rule is that caster level defaults to the creature's HD, which would be 20 in this case.

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
Olorin said:
Looking at the Annihilator in the new Underdark book (p79-80). For its Disintegration ability, it acts as the disintegrate spell. What caster level would this ability do damage at? i.e. what caster level does this ability act at and is there some general rule I'm not aware of to determine this, or did they just omit that information from the description?
As a supernatural abiltiy this ability functions as it is stated. In this case the ability states that if the target fails its save then it is disintegrated. I do not believe that the disintegrate spell's damage mechanic comes in to play in this case since the target is not affected as though subject to the disintegrate spell but is rather disintegrated as though subject to the disintegrate spell. IMO this means that any target that fails its save is entirely disintegrated as per the spell with out regard for its hit points or caster level based damage.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I don't think they use the old disintegrate with that.

Usually the PrC level is the caster level, maybe even the character level.

Remove ads