Announcement: E-Initiative(tm) Initiative Tracking Tool Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frylock

Explorer
trevorscroft said:
I expect, frylock, that you probably would get a lot more paying customers with a liberal licensing than you will with your draconian method.

Thanks, but I can live with my decision, even if it prevents this shareware from making me rich. :)

trevorscroft said:
I also think you'd attract more sympathetic customers if you had a less insulting tone in your response to criticism ;)

For the reasons I expressed, I'm not concerned about insulting Hackmaster or Andargor. I'm guessing they wouldn't buy the s/w unless they could pirate it. Also, their logic is so flawed that a sensible policy couldn't exist if I catered to them. (In fact, their own logic would require me to become Big Brother -- i.e., monitor their systems -- in order to meet their needs.) Expecting me to give them something for nothing makes them insulting.

Don't misunderstand, thoough. I'm aware that retaliation isn't a reasonable business plan, but as I said, I don't plan to get rich off of this. If you don't want it, don't buy it. No hard feelings.

Last edited:

dpmcalister

Explorer
Frylock said:
For the reasons I expressed, I'm not concerned about insulting Hackmaster or Andargor. I'm guessing they wouldn't buy the s/w unless they could pirate it.
Whoa! Now you're calling them software pirates? Man that's way too harsh. I was going to buy your software (I don't change computer that often so the policy doesn't bother me) but your general attitude stinks.

I don't want to deal with people who look down their noses at potential customers :/

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Frylock said:
For the reasons I expressed, I'm not concerned about insulting Hackmaster or Andargor. I'm guessing they wouldn't buy the s/w unless they could pirate it. Also, their logic is so flawed that a sensible policy couldn't exist if I catered to them. (In fact, their own logic would require me to become Big Brother -- i.e., monitor their systems -- in order to meet their needs.) Expecting me to give them something for nothing makes them insulting.

I will not be insulted in such a fashion. You might as well as have called me, and Hackmaster, pirates. I never said I wanted your software for free.

And my comment about your supercilious attitude stands. In light of your further comments, not only will I not buy your product, but I will actively steer your potential customers away from it.

I do not get angered easily, but you sir have crossed the line.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Frylock said:
For the reasons I expressed, I'm not concerned about insulting Hackmaster or Andargor.
Moderator's Notes:

The reason you should be concerned about insulting them, Frylock, is that by doing so, you're violating the board's rules. I'm going to close this thread. You may reopen a thread on the subject in a few days; this time, be very careful to show civility, courtesy, and respect to all board members.

All other posters: the same requirements about civility, courtesy, and respect also apply to you. If there is a problem, please report the post: responding in kind is also a violation of our rules.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads