• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Announcement: The Explorer's Guides

Fearsome Monkey

First Post
MonkeyGod Enterprises (LP) is proud to announce its newest line of D20 system sourcebooks, 'The Explorer's Guides'. Beginning in fall of 2002 these guides will detail areas such as the Woodlands, Mountains, Arctic, Jungle, Desert, City, and more. Here's the advert...

"Where are we going?"

So many adventuring parties ask that question, but what happens when they get there? From the frosty arctic to the sweltering tropics, from parched deserts to ancient woodlands, getting there is half the battle. Learn how to survive and even thrive in the harshest, most challenging environments in the world with the new Explorer's Guides.

Each Guide contains a wide variety of races, classes, feats, magic and denizens native to their respective terrains. Whether you're a player character looking for survival tips or a Game Master looking for a new twist on old environments, the Explorer's Guide series has everything you need to explore a campaign in that terrain.

Sometimes the greatest challenge is the land itself!

cybernetic

Explorer
I second that....Great Idea

This is definatly something that should have been created sooner...has the potential to be a very HELPFUL line of books!

Kudos!

Fearsome Monkey

First Post
Explorer's Guides

Initially our focus will be on the primary environments. At present there is nothing in the works for mixed terrains. We are open to suggestion, however. If you have something specific in mind, feel free to drop by the MonkeyGod Forums to discuss your ideas with our writers. In the meantime, gamers will simply have to choose a terrain that best describes their current location, or consult multiple guides.

David K Hurd
MonkeyGod Enterprises

Mystic Eye

First Post
Hey Guys,

How will this be different than the desert sourcebook "Drylands" by Thunderherad games? They also have a water based sourcebook and an arctic source book. Are you guys going to butt heads at all here? Just curious.

I think their desert book is almost done.

Fearsome Monkey

First Post
Generic Sourcebook

The Explorer's Guides are going to be much more generic than the Thunderhead products.

Our goal is to create a product that will be usefull to nearly every DM and player regardless of their specific campaign setting. Almost any world will have wooded regions, arctic regions, and desert regions. This material should port in seemlessly.

From the description on their website, Dry Land appears to be a specific desert setting with its own history and features. Our desert sourcebook will describe desert cultures in general, provide survival tips for players, new skills and applications of old skills, new classes, etc.

Hope this helps clarify, and thanks for the interest.
David K Hurd
MonkeyGod Enterprises

Mynex

First Post
Interesting

Mystic Eye said:
Hey Guys,

How will this be different than the desert sourcebook "Drylands" by Thunderherad games? They also have a water based sourcebook and an arctic source book. Are you guys going to butt heads at all here? Just curious.

I think their desert book is almost done.

Interesting. Where you aware of the fact that Children of the Grave is releasing 'Explorers Almanac: The Forbidden Jungle' sometime in May/June?

It's been on their website for the last 2 months.

It's also the 1st in a line of 'Explorers Almanacs'.

It's also meant to be a capstone style product.

Just thought I would mention that. ;)

Callypsa

First Post
Inquiry

Do you have a website where we can find out more information on your products? As an artist, I would be interested in seeing some of the art you plan to use.

I also like the terrain concept and have been anticipating the release of Children of the Grave Press' Explorer's Almanac jungle book for over a month now. As a result, other products in the same vein are bound to peak my interest. Will you be releasing any preview material for your jungle Guide?

MEG Hal

First Post
Re: Generic Sourcebook

Fearsome Monkey said:
The Explorer's Guides are going to be much more generic than the Thunderhead products.

Our goal is to create a product that will be usefull to nearly every DM and player regardless of their specific campaign setting. Almost any world will have wooded regions, arctic regions, and desert regions. This material should port in seemlessly.

From the description on their website, Dry Land appears to be a specific desert setting with its own history and features. Our desert sourcebook will describe desert cultures in general, provide survival tips for players, new skills and applications of old skills, new classes, etc.

Hope this helps clarify, and thanks for the interest.
David K Hurd
MonkeyGod Enterprises

***ears perk up***
Did someone mention my name:p

TG's sourcebooks will have a majority of stuff that will be generic, example in the desert book Dry Lands we will explain about each type of desert and give real life example deserts so you can get an understanding of what type of desert you want it to be, and we will have new items, races, classes as well as give details on one setting so you can play in the desert right away!! But like all our sourcebooks you can use our material in any game world with minor adjustments, after all we came up with the term "truly modular" source materials:D .

BUT---good luck to Monkey God, it is good to know we have a good idea if others are thinking the same thing, and thanks Doug for remembering our stuff!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads