• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Announcing - second round of playtests for RPGtonight's online Living Game

The Hound

Explorer
I posted a version of this in the Gamers Seeking Gamers section, and thought I'd try posting here too in hopes that more people will see it...we need LOTS of players and GMs.

RPGtonight (a virtual tabletop site RPGtonight Free Online Virtual Tabletop for Role Playing Games ) is looking for several more GMs and a many, many more players for the second round of playtesting for a unique online tabletop style "living game," scheduled to begin on January 3rd and run for 3 - 4 months. The living game is a persistent "sandbox" world where multiple GMs and dozens of players all play and interact within the same game world. The GMs play the game too, taking the part of noble houses who must hire adventuring parties of players to accomplish their goals - and can occasionally become players in the admins' games, going on missions on behalf of the higher ups in the kingdom. If interested please take a look at the information on the main page of our site ( RPGtonight Free Online Virtual Tabletop for Role Playing Games ) and in the Living Game Information and Recruitment section of our message boards (rpgtonight.com :: Index ), and express interest there. Free rules sets will be emailed to GMs and players promptly.

Games will occur on different days at different times, depending on the schedules and timezones of the GMs and the players they are running for a given session. Scheduling is thus extremely flexible. The playtests will use the D&D 4e system.

RPGtonight is a free online virtual tabletop that works in your browser. You do not have to download anything, just sign up with your friends, get on, and play at RPGtonight Free Online Virtual Tabletop for Role Playing Games

The Hound

Explorer
Just a clarification, based on some questions we have received:

You do not have to have been a participant in the first round to join the second round. "Second round" just means the second playtest we are conducting, with improvements to the rules that resulted from the first round. Everyone is welcome.

samursus

Explorer
Looks interesting, but waiting for my registration to be approved before I can look into it more. The community doesn't seem to be particularly robust, from the posts I have read. By this, it doesn't seem to have a lot of players. The idea is very attractive, so I hope the 2nd round of playtests takes off. This VT will be competing with the WotC VT for my time and interest. Unfortunately, the D&D VT Beta players seem a lot more prolific (and that is not saying much) so far, and they've just started!

I am assuming the system used on the Rpgtonight play test is 4e, even though the FAQ is deliberately vague on this.

The Hound

Explorer
You registration has been activated.

The last playtest ended in August, so much of the old stuff is gone and nothing much has been happening on the playtest board since then.

Be sure to post your interest in joining within the recruitment thread, and whether you are interested in being a GM or a player.

The Hound

Explorer
There are still a few slots open for GMs (but we won't turn you away if we get more than that), and an unlimited number of slots for players. Playtesting starts this week. See the original post for information links.

Remove ads