• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Another 4e Color Character Sheet

phoffman

Explorer
I wanted to make a character sheet, that I could add art to in the background. Since I have Adobe Illustrator i decided to use that method. I decided to use publishing software so that the Text, remains text when it is printed to pdf. (I have an older version of Adobe Illustrator)

I thought I would share the Adobe Illustrator file, and an example PDF of a character sheet.

CHARACTER_SHEET.AI

Character Sheet PDF using Zeitgeist as example

That is really cool. Takes the format from the Neverwinter game day 1 sheet, but adds power spaces, and a different image behind for the AI file.
I don't have illustrator so I couldn't view the original, but I assume that if you're customizing it for your own campaign its not hard to change the images and theme names?

phoffman

Explorer
Yeah, i got the idea from the Neverwinter Game Day character sheet.
I am in the progress of making one for an Oriental Campaign a friend is going to run.
The themes in that case will be the DnDinsider ones.

Very nice. I like how you've placed Powers on the space that it in the original Essentials was just a big blank space. Now, is it possible to upload a version with no background? I'm one of those odd people who doesn't really care for cluttered character sheets. :) I don't have Adobe Illustrator . . . and I'm not sure if I could strip the background with Paint.Net or Open Office Draw. But I do like what you've done with the sheet. Good work here.

phoffman

Explorer
I had originally chosen Adobe Illustrator because it allowed me to keep the Text as "text" when printed as a pdf. and lines are still "entities" rather than reducing the whole character sheet to just a jpg.

The Neverwinter character sheet jpg was 6mb, and the pdf created from Adobe Illustrator was just under 3mb.

I was planning on breaking apart each layer for you all as a jpg, then zipping them together so later you could combine them in GIMP or what ever software your comfortable with. In this manner anyone could use this character sheet template. Although when i do that, all the text will become pixels. Its a trade off, because in my opinion once you reduce the text to pixels it becomes less customize-able. Keep an eye out, I should have free time tomorrow or Saturday.

Inkscape might be an alternative, its 'native' file format is SVG. Not sure how well it stacks up to Illustrator, but it certainly does all the standard stuff well enough. You might be able to import an AI file, worth a try anyway.

Remove ads