Another Character Sheet Option

madirishman

Explorer
Hopefully I'll get a second version up this weekend. I think the biggest change will be making page 3 all powers - in addition to providing more room, this will allow one to look at the fronts of pages 1 and 3 simultaneously.

And yes, once I get the format locked down somewhat, there will be the usul old school/Forgotten Realms/Eberron/etc. etc. flavors. :)

Cheers,
Patrick

Obryn

Hero
madirishman said:
Hopefully I'll get a second version up this weekend. I think the biggest change will be making page 3 all powers - in addition to providing more room, this will allow one to look at the fronts of pages 1 and 3 simultaneously.

And yes, once I get the format locked down somewhat, there will be the usul old school/Forgotten Realms/Eberron/etc. etc. flavors. :)

Cheers,
Patrick
Great!

I've been using your sheets for years :)

The biggest suggestion I'd make is to leave off all the race/level stuff on the Attributes section. I don't think that level of bookkeeping is as needed for 4e as it was for 3e.

Instead, a column for Modifier + 1/2 Level would help a great deal - much like on WotC's sheets. This way, if someone uses a non-standard attack, or doesn't want to calculate out their non-trained skills, they can just look at that number and go.

-O

cferejohn

First Post
I'm probably fighting a losing battle here, but I don't see why the powers are all buried on the second page. Powers are the thing you will reference most often. I'd rather see them on the front page. You have 5 slots for "attacks", but you really only need 2 (for melee and ranged basic).

Looks really nice though!

Prophet2b

First Post
cferejohn said:
I'm probably fighting a losing battle here, but I don't see why the powers are all buried on the second page. Powers are the thing you will reference most often. I'd rather see them on the front page. You have 5 slots for "attacks", but you really only need 2 (for melee and ranged basic).

Looks really nice though!

Actually, I'm glad he's making the 3rd page all powers. That way you can do one of two things:

1. Write out all your powers and have them sitting right in front of you along with the first page.
2. What I'll be doing, the option to only print off the 1st and 2nd page (I like nice, concise character sheets), ignore the 3rd and 4th, and use my own power cards.

I'm really looking forward to the final version of this character sheet.

madirishman

Explorer
kiznit said:
Wow, amazing work as always.

Can I ask how you build layered PDF files? Is that something you do in Distiller?

You just need to put things on separate layers in Illustrator or InDesign, and so long as you export to Acrobat 6 or later format, it will ask you if you want to create a layered PDF. If so, whatever layers are visible when you export will be visible when you open the PDF. If not, only the visible layers are exported. I think that's also true of Photoshop, but maybe someone else can chime in one that.

Hope that helps,
Patrick

Bercilak

Explorer
I've always loved mad irishman's sheets. Have used a number for other games, and the 4e one will probably see some heavy use in my group as well.

A couple of suggestions:
1) The attribute base for the Nature skill is WIS, not INT.
2) Someone else posted a character sheet here somewhere, and it had little check boxes for the three saves you get before dying, and I thought that was a nifty feature.

Berc

Remove ads