Another day in the Tavern

W

WizO_Siani

*walks up and unlocks the front doors, pushing them back against the wall and leaving them open before moving around and unlocking the other doors and throwing open the shutters*

oO( Another day tae be glad of an' no mistake)

* sets about preparing for the days business after breaking her fast on bread, honeybutter and fruit.*

"Welcome tae th' 'Roads all. Welcome tae me House. If ye break nae laws as guest sure'n I'll be breakin' none as host. I bid ye enter in peace, else depart in pieces."

*flashes a grin and wink before disappearing behind the bar and into the kitchen*

A

Adept_Eliria

A particular golden half elf tip-toes into the tavern shortly after the front doors are unlocked. She wanders absently around the tavern, checking under tables and chairs and near the bar.

"Siani? Siani? Have you seen a little brown notebook? With, um, writing in it? I think I left it here..."

K

Kheldar Devaentar

portkheldar.gif

A small man cloaked in black walks into the tavern. He half stiffles a yawn, then shambles over to a table. He hadn't got a lot of sleep last night. Mind you, with the ridiculous ring he wore on his left hand he only needed 2 hours of sleep a night. . . The shop keep had said 2 hours would feel like 8. . . . . Kheldar could tear that shop keepers head of right now. . .

Yesterday hadn't exactly been wonderful either. . . He may have lost some sleep over that. . . Oh well. . . No point looking all destresed over it.

Kheldar sits down. Had he have been more awake, he might have noticed the little brown book under his table.

Artwork copyright © 2003, Gordon R. Quigley

W

WizO_Raven

*Silently steps from the remaining shadows bowing slightly to Siani as he walks to the golem*

"Good morning M'lady"

*proceeds to pass a hand over the golems 'heart' whispering words of a very ancient arcane nature. The golem glows softly for a moment. Then with a nod of satisfaction makes, Raven makes his way to the door*

W

WizO_Siani

"Mornin' tae ye Eliria. Ye've gone an' lost ye're book again 'ave ye? Sorry tae say I've nae seen it. I'll be lookin' sharp for ye though."

*finishes setting things out the way she likes them*

Mornin' tae ye Raven. All be well wi'" you an' yours I trust."

*nods to the sleepy figure sitting at one of the tables and chuckles, then sets about the usual work of running a Tavern.*

A

Adept_Eliria

Eliria nods to Siani, looking frazzled. She peers at Kheldar and Raven, then goes up to the golem to poke it on the nose.

"BeeGee! Have you seen my little brown notebook? Did you see if any evil super villains stole it sometime between yesterday and now? I don't like it when evil super villains try to steal my stuff. I should be steal-proof!"

R

Rhane Arturant

*A young-looking, silver-haired elf quietly steps in with a yawn and a slight stretch. After taking a moment to glance around she quietly approaches the bar, walking with a slight skip in her step.

Rhane smiles cheerfully and throws Siani a wave as she slides herself onto the nearest stool, "Good morning, Miss Siani! how are things?"

W

WizO_Siani

*flashes a grin to Rhane*

Aye an' top o' th' mornin' tae ye'reself! I be right well lass, an' thank ye for askin'. All well wi' ye'reself I trust.

*spreads some honeybutter on fresh bread and offers it around*

D

Duilya

portduilya.gif

A young looking Elf with bright pink hair enters the Tavern. She looked much too young to be in a tavern, but that hadn't stopped her from coming before.

As the child makes her way towars the fireplace she notices a small brown book underneath someone's table. Suddenly, a big smile springs to the girl's face as she quickly grabs the book and then hides it in her cape.

Hmmm. . .I wonder if anyone saw that. . .

A quick scan around the tavern told that no one looked like they had seen her take it, but who could say. Trusting her eyes, the girl quickly bounces towards a corner of the tavern and pulls out a vail of colored ink and a pen. What ever the Elf was doing, she seemed to be enjoying herself.

Artwork copyright © 2003, Christopher C. Quigley

Khaira

First Post
Enter the Bard!

Khaira Amastacia walks down the stairs of the tavern, from her temporary room, nodding to the one opening the Tavern (Siani). "Glorious day, isn't it?". She gets herself a table in the corner, by the door, and sets her harp on the table, beginning the work of tuning it in.

She begins to mutter herself. "That stupid quest...Kill the Lich King, he says. Make a great sacrifice, he said. Well my harp just shouldn't have been the great sacrifice, by the skies and fires below! She slams her fist down on the table in frustration at the difficulty of her possibly new harp, causing another strip to snap with a TWAAAAAANG! "Well, confound it all! Maybe I'll pick up the lute instead...."

Remove ads