Another Immortals Handbook thread

What do you wish from the Immortals Handbook?

• I want to see rules for playing Immortals

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • I want to see more Epic Monsters

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • I want to see Artifacts and epic Magic Items

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I want to see truly Epic Spells and Immortal Magic

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I want Immortal Adventures and Campaigns Ideas

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • I want to see a Pantheon (or two) detailed

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I want to see something else (post below)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I don't like Epic/Immortal gaming

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Poll closed .

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Upper_Krust said:
Hey Ashardalon mate! :)

I may indeed add that to Volume 2.

...it wouldn't be identical to the version in the ELH, naturally I have a few ideas to spice it up a bit. :p

...well obviously I wouldn't call it a Death Knight. Maybe Death King - although that doesn't really inspire me. Sword-Wight? Weapon-Wight? King Wight?

How about Swordwraith or Dissolution Vanguard? I realize the second name seems somewhat uninspired, but it's meaning could roughly translate to 'Foremost position within an army seeking the extermination of life.'.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Campbell said:
How about Swordwraith or Dissolution Vanguard? I realize the second name seems somewhat uninspired, but it's meaning could roughly translate to 'Foremost position within an army seeking the extermination of life.'.

Vanguard of Dissolution / Vanguard of Oblivion sounds a little better.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Vanguard of Dissolution does actually have a nice ring to it. If UK doesn't use it I'll have to find a place for it.

Fieari

Explorer
Campbell said:
I like both those suggestions myself. Dissolution puts me in mind of "Opposite of Absolution"... and Swordwraith... well, puts one in mind of Ringwraiths, doesn't it.

If those won't do, though, on those lines, how about Nightwraith, Deathcloak, Underwight, Akawight (by your Akalich)... some more made up syllables could work well too... like Narwight, or Valwraith.

Just some thoughts.

Hey Serge mate! :)

The Serge said:
One of my moderators at Dicefreaks bought this for me (I refuse to use PayPal).

I know.

The Serge said:
Anyway, I must say that the Bestiary is most impressive.

Thanks. There are a few things still need tweaked, but I was glad I 'let it go' when I did, otherwise I could have been holding on to it for another few months. :eek:

The Serge said:
My primary interest lies with the flavor... I notice that you've added quite a bit to your cosmology beyond that which is established in any edition of D&D with which I'm familiar

Yes. I have done quite a lot of research on the cosmology and I like where its ended up, all the pieces fit very neatly I think. Things like the position of the Angels are explained, etc.

In the rest of the book I explain how the pantheons fit into all this.

The Serge said:
(unfortunately, I never bought the Immortals box from basic).

I have Wrath of the Immortals (OD&D) which is a very good book. But I didn't use anything from that to determine my cosmology.

The lower dimensions are from the Sephirothic Tree of Life and Gnostic Mysticism, the higher dimensions are from the Book of Enoch and other occult elements (things like super-universes). Where possible I have linked the number and form of a dimension to real world physics. Of course I had to tie everything into the official D&D cosmology, but that all seemed to just fall into place.

The Serge said:
Do you plan on statting out the more popular personalities to whom you refer like the various Dukes of Hell or Brood Lords? Or even something like Metatron?

I'll maybe do a Demogorgon, or Asmodeus sometime for the website.

I'll probably have a few more unique characters in future Bestiary's. There are a dozen sample deities in the Immortals Handbook itself (including Lucifer, Metatron and even some Time Lords). There will be numerous NPCs (both epic and divine) in the Chronicle volume of the IH.

Hey guys! :)

Regarding the name of the Death Knight upgrade, at the moment I am favouring King Wight (reminds me somewhat of the Witch King from Lord of the Rings). However as you know, I like to have two names for every monster, one esoteric and one common. Obviously King Wight would be the common name.

By the way, this would be the epic Death Knight upgrade in the same way that the Demilich is the Lich upgrade. The akalich is the step beyond even Demilich. So I am not sure Akawight is appropriate.

Vanguard of Dissolution sounds pretty cool, but I am not convinced its right for the Death Knight upgrade. Might make a good prestige class though...?

I also like the name Underwight, I'll have to come up with a concept to fit that name. Perhaps its the earthen version of the lava and winterwights?

S'mon

Legend
Hi Craig - just in case you were wondering re the attacks in London, Ing & me are ok (but she's stuck in central London), there's a thread in the off-topic forum.

Remove ads