Another Look at the D&D Essentials Kit

Here's a closer look at the upcoming D&D Essentials Kit.

Here's a closer look at the upcoming D&D Essentials Kit.

519DX_EssentialsKit_ProductImgFullv1.png

D&D Essentials Kit (September 3rd; June 24th in the US)
Boxed Set

Everything you need to create characters and play the new adventures in this introduction to the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

Dungeons & Dragons is a cooperative storytelling game that harnesses your imagination and invites you to explore a fantastic world of adventure, where heroes battle monsters, find treasures, and overcome quests. The D&D Essentials Kitis a new introductory product meant to bring D&D to audiences interested in jumping into a fantasy story.

This box contains the essentials you need to run a D&D game with one Dungeon Master and one to five adventurers. A newly designed rulebook on-boards players by teaching them how to make characters, and the included adventure, Dragon of Icespire Peak, introduces a new 1-on-1 rules variant.

Panda-s1

Scruffy and Determined
I've been going to a drop-in drop-out D&D meetup for about 3 months now, specifically designed for beginners. Not once has anyone run Phandelver.

If you can't find a DM who isn't creative enough to run something other than the adventure in the starter's box, that sounds more like your problem than Phandelver's. It's designed for new people, it's in the starter's box, and it's good so of course it's going to popular.
oh, right, I missed the part on the notification that says the DM I'm going to randomly be paired with is running Phandelver, my bad.

Now if the DM is facing a group of people who have either played or seen people play Phandelver, he should probably buck up and run something else. But if he's introducing people to the game, it's a pretty good game to start with.
y'know I usually try and give people the benefit of the doubt and not assume they're trolling, but considering how many times I've said the adventure is good for beginners I think we're done here.

Remove ads

Remove ads