• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Another Warlock Thread

solientious

First Post
Need help figuring out what to play.

I like the thematics of the Warlock, but really hate the spell progress so I was considering either going Sorcerer/Warlock or Wizard (Abjuration)/Warlock. I'm really enjoy the Battle field control (of course I generate DM aggro when I do it, but its really fun) and blowing stuff up is always fun.

Statics

Male Half-Elf STR 8, Dex 16, Con 14 , Int 14 Wis 10 CHR 14 or STR 8, Dex 16, Con 12 Int 14 Wis 10 CHR 16

Background Sage

Background (Summary) Jealous of the power that Wizard/ Sorcerer wielded he sold his soul (Fiend pact) to gain power. It pretty much jumped started his magic ability, but cost him everything he held dear. So he is hunting down the being responsible for giving his power with the hopes of atoning for evil that was done in his name.

Also did I fail to mention that he is slighly unhinged because of the guilt.

Any help would be appreciated-thx

Last edited:

Snapdragyn

Explorer
Sounds like a good story (& I'm not at all biased since I'm playing much the same on my warlock, heh).

Personally I'd go Sorclock over Wizlock, just for the easier CHA synergy.

Also, don't underestimate the utility of Mask of Many Faces & a good Deception check when it comes to battlefield control. Bluffing the dragon away from the keep while Disguised Self as one of its human allies & thereby saving everyone inside is pretty good 'battlefield control'. So is preventing a TPK by sending 2 opponents running away from the battlefield chasing a diversion while Disguised Self as an evil priest.

Likewise, the illusion possibilities of Misty Visions are great. Illusion of fog over your party - they can see through*, enemies can't, battle now tilted heavily in the party's favor.

*Some DMs may require an Investigation check for your party members; see if they'll allow advantage if you use a code word known to the group when you cast.

Remove ads