Ant-Man (trailer)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Redemption story.

We get a few jokes, but they seem to be shy about showing it in the trailer. Afraid to look like GotG? They want to be dark (with Inception Braaaaams) cause phase 3 of the MCU is darker? What bugs me (pun intended) is that they seem to apologize for the name. We are use to guys naming themselves after animanls, minerals or just adjectives you know.

[video=youtube;xInh3VhAWs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xInh3VhAWs8[/video]

I don't know...I feel so "meh" about this movie.

Even watching the GotG trailer, I got a sense of excitement. But this one? I have absolutely zero interest in seeing this movie, even knowing how well the Marvel movies have been doing.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, that was dull. The spiel from the older guy could have been used word-for-word if he was trying to recruit the kid to become Life Insurance Sales Man, and I have a feeling that guy would have cooler powers, too.

Fast Learner

First Post
Surprisingly disappointing trailer. My fiancée said, "honey, we're going to see this because it's a Marvel movie, but from the trailer, that's the _only_ reason." I had to agree.

Ryujin

Legend
Just not feeling it, based on the trailer. Maybe it's because my "Ant Man", from my youth, is Hank Pym? Maybe it's because I found some of the effects particularly jarring, in the Spider-Man jointless limbs sort of way?

I was afraid that Guardians of the Galaxy was going to flop (Nostradamus I'm not) but I will fully admit the farther they go the less faith I have that marvel can make these movies work. God I hope I'm wrong... but I don't even think ANt man is a good enough character to handle a comic, let alone a block buster...

to be fair I also thought heath ledger would make a horrid joker, and that ann Hathaway couldn't do cat woman, and Guardians of the Galaxy would fail, and well, I'm wrong a lot.

I was afraid that Guardians of the Galaxy was going to flop (Nostradamus I'm not) but I will fully admit the farther they go the less faith I have that marvel can make these movies work. God I hope I'm wrong... but I don't even think ANt man is a good enough character to handle a comic, let alone a block buster...

to be fair I also thought heath ledger would make a horrid joker, and that ann Hathaway couldn't do cat woman, and Guardians of the Galaxy would fail, and well, I'm wrong a lot.

So, you're actually a DM of storytellers?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I like what I've seen so far. It seems a bit toned down in comparison to entire cities becoming attacked from alien invasion, like in Thor 2, Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Avengers 2 looks to feature more of the same. I'm ready for a more personal superhero story.

Remove ads