• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anthony Valterra 11/14 clarification on last nights post

Zulkir

First Post
Folks,

I want to clarify last night's post. The list of functionalities that I posted for the patch is *everything* the patch does, and that is *all* the patch does. It does not address any bugs. Stay tuned for more information.

AV

EricNoah

Adventurer
Wow.

Makes me wonder what Fluid was doing for those 3-1/2 months....

AV, I think I speak for Morrus when I say that we would be very interested in helping you round up bug reports here at EN World. I think we could come up with something better than "e-mail us if you find a bug". Please let us know how we can help.

Darn it, i wish we could get to the Fluid boards, they had huge lists of bugs going that we could start with...

Draco

Explorer
Ever since they (Fluid) first had problems, I have kept a log of all of the posts I wrote (both bug reports and enhancements). If you set something up, I have a couple dozen things that are ready to go into it.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I said the same thing on Wizards boards, what is the point if this so called "patch" does not fix ANYTHING? It is not really a patch, is it? Are the people over there just thinking "hey, why don't we put this feature in? Screw trying to fix it" :mad: :mad: :mad: I wonder why people will get upset? Jusiflbly so, IMO.

jdavis

First Post
So when is the real patch due, I mean there is sombody actually working on a patch isn't there? This isn't a patch it's a list of added features, When are the bugs going to get fixed, theyre are list of bugs posted in different places (wish the Fluid boards were still up), it's not like it's a suprise that their are bugs.....aw to heck with it, somebody just point me in a direction and I'll happily follow along, can we please get a list of bugs for the people at WOTC.

Still keeping a good positive out look here, still happy with the fact that people are talking and listening on the subject......Happy thoughts, just think happy thoughts.

KenM

Banned
Banned
where is the PCGEN download sight? I had trouble with it before, but i think I can get help with it.

Draco

Explorer
Technically, the list is incomplete. Specifically, for those of us who got the first release, this patch also includes the fixes that were in the (silent) second release. I state it this way because I have a friend who was a late adopter and already had a fix for one problem that I reported a few days after the original release. In all likelihood, the problem was fixed before I got my copy (which only perturbed me more), but I have still been waiting for months to get it myself.

theoremtank

First Post
I'm betting it will be months before we even see actual rules bugs get fixed. Has the consumer been taken advantage of here? I wonder if Wizards of the Coast would allow me to get a refund for my copy of eTools, then I could repurchase the program when it is finished.
My eTools has been shelved until the program gets an acceptable amount of non-frustrating functionality. I would like a certifiable official commitment from Wizards of the Coast that they will finish eTools. Anthony has yet to give us any real information or commitments. The majority of the communities questions have yet ot be answered.

Therigwin

First Post
Look at the list again....

It does fix some bugs.

It gives Rangers an animal companion.

It corrects spell entries and the XML output.

The rest looks like add-on stuff, but those two right there are bug fixes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads