• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anthony Valterra's 11/13 post important info

Zulkir

First Post
Folks,

I have news.

We believe we have solved the problem we encountered with the patch. We are running this fixed patch through a small amount of internal and external testing to make sure that no new bugs or problems have been introduced, and then we will release it.

Now, about the patch's functionality: it's very limited. We are well aware and equally disappointed that it does not address many of the issues that have been found by consumers post-release. In fact, almost none of the functions provided in the patch were requested by Wizards of the Coast. Issues the patch does address:

·A new installer was built to allow for this, and consequent, download patches.
·Base value for user entry of ability scores in roll dialogue now set to three, per user request.
·Skill point values for monster advancement now in accordance with Dragon 276.
·Database spell entries updated. Added data to XML spell sheet.
·Created a method for non-good (ex) paladins to be generated using the character generator.
·Added an order field to the Table Editor for text entry items, allowing user to order entries in a table other than alphabetically.
·Added function to allow any character class to select their god of worship.
·Ranger character class can now select an animal companion.
·Info Skill Bonuses Synergy updated in Access database.
·1HD creatures now receive skill points in Monster Editor, per user request.
·Notes frames added to Character Editor, allowing the user to add, edit, and revise such things as campaign info, a personal journal, appearance, etc.
·Added Guides to Info Spell School in Access database.
·Class alignment requirements were changed into a restrictions table.
·Roll button on the roll dialog in monster editor has been added, per user request.
·XSLT sheets were overhauled and reconfigured, allowing for a more modular approach, making it easier for the user community to reuse portions of the sheets.

When we post the patch we will post a list of known bugs and invite others to be sent to us (an E-mail address will be provided). As soon as possible I will let the community know: 1) How these issues are going to be addressed: 2) An approximate schedule at which these issues will be addressed; 3) What type of additional support E-Tools will receive.

We recognize that you have been waiting for this patch. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work overtime to address your concerns. My personal promise is to keep you as informed as possible and to continue to advocate for you, the consumer. Feel free to write and flame me anytime.

Anthony Valterra

Draco

Explorer
Although there are still several important issues not yet fixed, I am happy to see that some of my pet peeves are addressed in this patch. I am really looking forward to installing it.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Zulkir said:
Now, about the patch's functionality: it's very limited. We are well aware and equally disappointed that it does not address many of the issues that have been found by consumers post-release. In fact, almost none of the functions provided in the patch were requested by Wizards of the Coast. Issues the patch does address:

·A new installer was built to allow for this, and consequent, download patches.
·Base value for user entry of ability scores in roll dialogue now set to three, per user request.
·Skill point values for monster advancement now in accordance with Dragon 276.
·Database spell entries updated. Added data to XML spell sheet.
·Created a method for non-good (ex) paladins to be generated using the character generator.
·Added an order field to the Table Editor for text entry items, allowing user to order entries in a table other than alphabetically.
·Added function to allow any character class to select their god of worship.
·Ranger character class can now select an animal companion.
·Info Skill Bonuses Synergy updated in Access database.
·1HD creatures now receive skill points in Monster Editor, per user request.
·Notes frames added to Character Editor, allowing the user to add, edit, and revise such things as campaign info, a personal journal, appearance, etc.
·Added Guides to Info Spell School in Access database.
·Class alignment requirements were changed into a restrictions table.
·Roll button on the roll dialog in monster editor has been added, per user request.
·XSLT sheets were overhauled and reconfigured, allowing for a more modular approach, making it easier for the user community to reuse portions of the sheets.

This looks like a list of "new features" rather than a list of bugs fixed. I wonder if that list is available?

jdavis

First Post
that's a patch? It's all things I didn't know were broken or needed...........So when do we get the actual patch, you know the one that fixes the broken things ( I was really hoping somebody would fix keen weapons myself).

Chaz

First Post
Its good to see something possitive happening. And its good to see talk about things to come after the patch. Its all good folks. Lets be supportive and see what the future brings.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the efforts to date...

But when do we see the real problems fixed? The lack of templates being the biggest, and still the one that far and away irks me the most.

I realize that technically that's not a "bug," but I think you'd all agree it's something that needs fixing, yes?

Fast Learner said:
I don't see it as a needed fix, no.

It would be a very nice added feature, however.

Really? I see it as vital. Templates are an integral part of creating monsters in D&D 3. I mean, I can create a hill giant bard/aristocrat, but not a regular, run-of-the-mill vampire, werewolf, or lich? Huh?

Frankly, I think the templates should have been a higher priority than monsters with class levels. (Which isn't to say I'm not glad it has that ability, mind you...)

NeonWolf

First Post
Templates important? I agree with the point about them being inegral to the Core Rules and thus should have been part of the original release. But just how many werewolves, liches and vampires do you use?

I'd have been happier with more fixes to known problems. The one that irks me the most is the locak of multiple animal companions for a Druid.

But I am glad to see things are starting to happen. Who knows what the future will bring. I'm starting to get optimistic again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads