• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anthony Valterra's 11/13 post important info

jdavis

First Post
Templates would be nice but I really looking forward to the day when I can click on class features...wizard weapon proficiencies, and it doesn't give me the discription: "The character gains the spell-like ability to polymorph self into a tiny sized animal. The number of times/day is level dependent." I really dont think that wizard weapon proficiencies give the character the power to turn into a rat. I believe I also mentioned the keen weapons bug too.

I'm not trying to be negative, I have real high hopes here, and thanks to ET helper, I find the program can do most of the stuff I wanted it to do to start with, most but not all. I really am not looking for any new features right now I just want the annoying little bugs and glitches fixed. I hate having to go back and edit my character sheet with a pen and white out after I print it.

Eristophenes

First Post
NeonWolf said:
Templates important? I agree with the point about them being inegral to the Core Rules and thus should have been part of the original release. But just how many werewolves, liches and vampires do you use?

I'd have been happier with more fixes to known problems. The one that irks me the most is the locak of multiple animal companions for a Druid.

But I am glad to see things are starting to happen. Who knows what the future will bring. I'm starting to get optimistic again.

Neon... I've almost broken my jaw when my mouth opened in surprise... Templates are one of the most important aspects of 3rd Edition. Their absence in my opinion is the greatest mistake in E-tools and reason that I haven't bought it.

I run a little fiend oriented campaign, so templates like half-fiend and fiendish would be a great help for me. So please don't generalize - write that it's your opinion.

Regards

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
NeonWolf said:
Templates important? I agree with the point about them being inegral to the Core Rules and thus should have been part of the original release. But just how many werewolves, liches and vampires do you use?

I'm not trying to be a smart alec, but as a DM I certainly use them more than druids. The lack of Templates was a big issue with me.

jdavis

First Post
You can find monster and race files that will allow you to make Liches and Vampires, it's not the same as a template but for me it's good enough (we fought a vampire two adventures ago that was created on e-tools, he worked out just fine.) Templates are important, they are very important, but to me they are just not as important as getting the program to do basic funtions correctly. Making a Lich is important but the thing still has problems with getting a cleric made and printed out correctly. Lich.....cleric, we don't have any lich's in the party but it is a pain in the butt that you have to fiddle with your character to get a cleric to print correctly. Have I mentioned my Keen sword yet.... I just want the basic functions to work right, they can worry about rewritting the program to do templates latter. Once again I am in no way knocking templates or there importance, I agree totally with you that they should be there but that is most likely a very large problem to fix, fixing the gramatical errors is not. Basics first adding new features should be second.

Klintus Fang

First Post
I agree with jdavis and others. Templates are an integral part of the 3e system and I am dissapointed that they were not included and would really like to see template support added.

but...

I think is is more important to fix the many existing bugs first. That list is quite long.

I also agree with what EricNoah mentioned earlier: Anthony Valterra's post is a list of features. Not a single bug is mentioned in his list. This disturbs me somewhat, I hope it doesn't mean that none of the bugs are fixed by this patch.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Davin's ET Helper works, but the ET Helper CLASS EDITOR will work on the patched program.

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
Personally bug fixes are my highest priority. Yes, I'd absolutely LOVE to see a version 1.1 or 1.5 or whatever that has templates, and a version 2.0 that has PrCs, etc.

For this immediate patch, though, I really want the technically broken (not missing) things fixed. The actual bugs, not the app's weaknesses. That way the money I've already spent isn't generating incorrect stats.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Obviously, bugs should be the priority. But, in my opinion, the lack of templates is akin to a really huge bug. That doesn't mean I think templates should be addressed with this patch (but it should, really), since I completely understand the points about fixing the bugs that make the program unreliable in what it actually does right now. I stopped using E-Tools simply because I didn't trust the stats it was generating. However, I do want to emphasize that, for me, templates are very important. Leaving them out was pretty much equal to not having the druid and paladin available as classes. I have no idea why templates were not included, but it strikes me that the program shouldn't have been released without them. But that's just my opinion, and I realize others differ with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads