• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anthropomorphic Animal PCs!

op1983

First Post
Ugh. I have a hard enough time with gnolls. Once you start bringing other animals into the picture.

Reminds me of an episode of CSI i seen once....

yesnomu

First Post
I, um, hate pimping out my stuff more, but I made some Lycanthrope races that might fit the bill. The hybrid forms are basically anthropomorphic animals, and each one gets at-will and encounter powers that work with their different forms. I think they're decently well-balanced, too, although I need to revise them since the Druid's came out.

I'm totally for animal-ish races, as long as they are interestingly and distinctly designed (gnolls, minotaurs, rakshasas, raavastas), and not just "Owlfolk are wise" or "Catfolk are curious and agile!".

Also, screw you guys, Raptorans were awesome. With their racial features devloping as you get class levels, they paved the way for 4e's feat-based racial power expansion. And footbows are badass.

Last edited:

AngeltheTechrat

First Post
I don't like things whose heads don't match their bodies.

But, I always thought it would be cool to play an awakened capuchin monkey warmage.....

Ken

Actually, even trying to go the awakened route isn't very easy now. The game still has this gigantic shortage of normal animals.

The Monster Manual has all of.. three. Horse, Hyenna, and Wolf.

Edit: Oh.. and Adventurer's Vault has Camel, Elephant, and Rhino.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Adventurer
Also, screw you guys, Raptorans were awesome. With their racial features devloping as you get class levels, they paved the way for 4e's feat-based racial power expansion. And footbows are badass.
My objection isn't to their mechanics or the footbows. My objection is to the fact that they're humans with extra bits tacked on. I consider that method more lazy than anthromophizing.

AngeltheTechrat

First Post
My objection isn't to their mechanics or the footbows. My objection is to the fact that they're humans with extra bits tacked on. I consider that method more lazy than anthromophizing.

Oh for pitty's sake.. ELVES are humans with extra bits tacked on. All sentient humanoids basicaly are. Halflings, Dwarves, Goblins, Lizardfolk, Solux, Giff, Orcs, Giants, Vulcans, Romulans, Cardasians... ad infinitum..

op1983

First Post
I think that's probably the biggest problem with the furries. Not what they are but how they're done.

I can accept
Thundercats_post01.JPG

before I could ever accept

1197222141_Cat_Girl_4.jpg

Rechan

Adventurer
I think that's probably the biggest problem with the furries. Not what they are but how they're done.
Except that the Thundercats are just humans with some face paint, hair gel, and a thematically colorful leotard.

But here. Let me assist.

One of these do not fit with the others. (Hint: It's the last one).

The point you make is a valid one, and I hope these pictures below help illustrate: some art is meant to look cute. Other art is meant to look badass. It's like comparing a picture of the dwarf Dopey from Snow White to a pic of a Dwarven Barbarian carving through a sea of orcs. They're not the same.

Attachments

• Badass - Kaji.jpg
    Badass - Kaji.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 837
  • 1208705783.kaji_xipoid_web.jpg
    1208705783.kaji_xipoid_web.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 630
  • the_study_of_the_sword_cl.jpg
    the_study_of_the_sword_cl.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 314
  • GRR.jpg
    GRR.jpg