• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any armor with more then +8 dex allowed?

Laurel

First Post
I have a ranged attacker who will shortly have a dex bonus of +10.
My question:
Is there any armor out there that will not limit the bonus to +8 (best I could find so far)?

The character can get some rings and what not, but for some reason the whole idea of running into battle with no armor seems crazy.... and as a ranged attacker there all those AoO.

Chimera

First Post
If you can afford to boost your stats so much, you can afford Rings, Amulets, Bracers and the like to take care of your armor class.

Patlin

Explorer
Armor of the Celestial Battalion: This+7 chainmail is so fine and light that it can be worn under normal clothing without revealing its presence. It has a maximum Dexterity bonus of +10, no armor check penalty, and an arcane spell failure chance of 10%. It is considered light armor, and it allows the wearer to fly at will (as the fly spell). Furthermore, the wearer is at all times surrounded by a magic circle against evil effect (as the spell) which, if dispelled, can be created again as a free action.
Caster Level: 20th; Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Epic Magic Arms and Armor, creator must be good, magic circle against evil; Market Price: 616,300 gp; Cost to Create: 308,300 gp + 16,160 XP.

For a more reasonable budget, though, go with the Bracers!

Laurel

First Post
Patlin said:
For a more reasonable budget, though, go with the Bracers!
Patlin can I ask where you found the armor?!

I know it will be not the best choice money wise, and I may have to go with bracers, rings, or something else :D Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

THANKS!!!!

Brekki

First Post
Go with "Bondleaf Wrap", from "Arms and Equipment" :
1000 gp
Armor Bonus +1
Max Dex Bonus -
Armor Check Penalty -
Arcane Spell Failure -
2 lb

It is one big leaf that grows in the skin in 24 hours and thereafter feeds on the host :D ... it only gives 1 AC, but with no maxdex.

Darklone

Kalamar Goods&Gear or the KPG has soft leather... AC +1, max Dex +9.

There was an armor special ability somewhere that increased or nullified the maximum dex limit...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads