Any authors ever grow bored writing their story hours?

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

Dirigible said:
I gotta thank you, Celtavian and the others who've spoken (typed?) here. You motivated me to get of my ample butt-ox and write up the latest installment of my storyhour, in addition to giving me food for thought for later ones.

Cheers :)

Something I've noticed in my own writing; I don't report the game session verbatim, I tweak and change bits of he story to make it more coherrent and interesting, or just more explicit. Anyone else do this?

I do. I write down the flow of events, memorable quotes, and memorable combat events. I make sure to get a background and personality profile from each of the PC's, then I work what I feel is important into the story.

I used to write quite a bit when I was younger. I had even created a bunch of story arcs for comic books when some friends and I were planning to start our own company.

Mostly I had turned from writing in later years for a variety of reasons, but I've found that I actually still enjoy creating stories and trying to put them into words, aka writing. I am using this Story Hour to polish my skills and expand my word repertoire until I feel up to snuff to start to submitting stories for publication.

It takes a while to get good and develop a style. Tenacity should carry me through, just as it always does.

Zad

First Post
No I've never gotten bored. Over the three years, I've only started enjoying it more. I try to push my meager writing skills to make a better and more engaging story each time and I enjoy the chance. It really helps that there are a few readers that are awaiting each update and have been vocal about it ;)

Combat is key, but combat alone doesn't make a good story. It's always a challenge to find the right mix of detail and drama to make a particular installment really come together.

Remove ads