• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any Cool New Alchemical Items for Higher Levels?

Kyrail

First Post
I'm running an FR game and one of my players is from Lantan where they use technology more than magic.

He's got a maxed Craft Alchemy rank at level 9 but there... really isn't much to do with it

He's got a gnomish rifle and I was trying to think of cool shells or something he could use. In the end it'll be weaker than his other Artificer abilities, but it still adds some interesting flavor.

If there any interesting new alchemy items out there I'd like to see 'em :)

Thanks!

Treebore

First Post
One thing I am really liking about WoW is all the alchemy, engineering, tailoring, blacksmithing ideas its giving me.

Bastions Alchemy and Herbalism is also an excellent source.

I saw another source thats good, its free to download off of Lythia.com

Plus I believe there was good material in books for Iron Kingdom and others, but my memory is failing me yet again.

Plus if you can ever get the old 1E Alchemy book that wasn't done by TSR, its good too. Someone knows the one I am talking about. I think it was the "Compleat Alchemist".

I also get good inspiration from Paladium Fantasy's main rule book under the diabolist and a couple fo other classes.

I don't think I have seen the other book DMH recommends, plus you get a lot just googling alchemy on the internet.

DMH

First Post
Treebore said:
Plus if you can ever get the old 1E Alchemy book that wasn't done by TSR, its good too. Someone knows the one I am talking about. I think it was the "Compleat Alchemist".

Heh. The second edition was published by a small company called Wizards of the Coast. And it does have some good ideas, but A&H is current edition and has a lot more ideas.

I don't think I have seen the other book DMH recommends

It is a pdf/POD and, IMO, is the greatest magitech book for d20 (or any game) by far. Some of the inventions are alchemical in nature, so it could help the OP with both the tech and alchemy aspects of his character. And as a POD, it is really cheap- less than 10 bucks for 165 pages. ( http://www.lulu.com/content/201494 )

Switchblade

First Post
Iron Kingdoms has some great Alchemy feats such as Maximise Alchemy and something to improvie production speed as well as reducing xp cost of brewing potions.

There are also pages of acids, healing salves, purgatives (like antitoxin but they make you sick :) ) and several other dohickies. A few are setting dependent such as repelant for cane leaches but can easily be adapted. These are great for adapting to a system/area where magic isn't quite as common and science is taking over.

Switchblade

First Post
Lots of the healing alchemy in IK has quite a gritty feel as it either doesn't kick in for a minute or has side affects like making you dizzy/drowsy which may not suit your game.

Kyrail

First Post
DMH said:
Heh. The second edition was published by a small company called Wizards of the Coast. And it does have some good ideas, but A&H is current edition and has a lot more ideas.

It is a pdf/POD and, IMO, is the greatest magitech book for d20 (or any game) by far. Some of the inventions are alchemical in nature, so it could help the OP with both the tech and alchemy aspects of his character. And as a POD, it is really cheap- less than 10 bucks for 165 pages. ( http://www.lulu.com/content/201494 )

Hm, tFS looks really cool.

So far all I've done is combine all the current alchemical items into shells for his gun. So 140 yard range + 2d8 damage from a big honking shell in the face + alchemical effect. But they're expensive for just ammo.

I figure it's an exotic feat + maxed alchemy and knowledge engineering should be good for something and a kick ass breech loader is a good start.

I'm gonna check out the teaser first though.

Edit: Wait where is this teaser, I can't find it on EN Publishing?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads