• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any Dark Sun info from DDXP yet?

fba827

Adventurer
Well according to the schedule today (Thursday) was new release schedule and overviews.

On Saturday, there is a whole seminar called " Athas Unveiled: Dark Sun Returns! Join Dark Sun lead designer Rich Baker as information on the upcoming Dark Sun Campaign Setting is revealed. The harsh world of Athas will be updated to 4th Edition this August, but D&D Experience is your first opportunity to get details about the setting’s renewal and the new character options presented in it. Presented by Rich Baker and Robert Schwalb. 3 pm."

So I would imagine Saturday afternoon is when you'll get the bulk of Dark Sun info from the convention.

But also (and this is probably what you're talking about)

"Dark Sun: Death in the Arena: Get the first look at the return to Athas as you play through an exciting preview adventure! Each pregenerated character comes loaded with Dark Sun preview material – new races, builds, and other exciting rules options come alive as you battle for glory and your lives in the Stadium of Tyr. The future of the Golden City has been thrown into chaos and doubt, and you must negotiate its dangers to survive! 1st-level pre-generated characters are provided. Games run every day from Thursday through Sunday."

So, yeah, there should be some previews from those who got to participate in one of those games (at least to the point of seeing a new race or a new build option)

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I mentioned this in the other thread, but I'm itching to know about half-giants, whether they exist or are replaced with goliaths, and if they have that axis alignment thing.

Any info on thri-kreen and muls would be great too.

Thanks so much.

Kez Darksun

Explorer
From Geek's dream girl's live blog:

Geek's Dream Girl: Oooh, I get a feature power. New to Dark Sun. It's Arcane Defiling. "You draw upon the vitality of nearby life to fuel your magic, heedless of the harm you cause to the land and your allies."

For the Arcane Defiling:
Trigger: You make an attack roll or damage roll as part of an arcane daily attack power.
Effect: You can reroll the triggering roll and you must use the second result, but each ally within 20 squares of you takes damage equal to half his or her healing surge value. This damage cannot be reduced in any way.
Special: You can use this power to reroll each attack roll or damage roll only once.

Geek's Dream Girl: There are weapon breaking rules!! If you roll a 1, there's a good chance your weapon is going to break.

Geek's Dream Girl: I'm a Templar, so I get an encounter power based on that theme.

Geek's Dream Girl: My Templar Attack 1: Templar's Fist
You command your foe to submit, crushign his spirit and slowing his flight. The same power that compels your foe to despair fills a nearby ally with brutal zeal.
Standard Action, close burst 5
Target - one creature in burst
Attack - +7 with Will
Hit 1d10 +5 psychic damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.
Effect: The next ally to hit and damage the target of this power with an attack before the end of your next turn gains a +3 power bonus on all attack rolls until the end of its next turn.

Geek's Dream Girl: Ew, there are attack cacti that latch on to people and drink their fluids. Gross.

Geek's Dream Girl: I made a darkworm feast get all feasting on the id fiend. OM nom nom.

Sorcerer King Pact:
Geek's Dream Girl: Fell Scorn: You have the Fell Scorn pact boon, allowing you to draw upon your sorcerer-king's magical prowess to augment a power using Fell Scorn. You start each encounter with 1 Fell Scorn use. You can augment any power that is augmentable by your Fell Scorn ( see power description). You must decide to augment a power before you roll the attack.

When a nonminion creature under your warlock's curse drops to 0 hit points, your pact boon triggers, recharging your use of Fell Scorn. You can only have one use of Fell Scorn at a time.

I use Fell Scorn with Hand of Blight and get an extra 1d8 psychic damage. Pretty nice. :)

Hawke

Explorer
Looks pretty interesting... made me really eager to play. Based on some of this stuff, so far it seems like they're doing a great job giving DS its own feel... I'd love to be playing that delve right now.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
For me, the best part was this:

Ew, there are attack cacti that latch on to people and drink their fluids. Gross.

Hahaha, yaaaaay, that's weird and awesome. Which is what I would hope from Dark Sun.

The rest seems solid, but not new/revolutionary. I am content with how they did defiling, and I am curious about PC's serving sorcerer-kings, and I wonder how it's all gonna look put together, but it seems really solid.

Makes me wanna play right now. ;)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I'm cool with Warlocks serving sorcerer kings, warlocks are supposed to be questionable allegience

it seems that templar is a feat or something, possbily a multiclass

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads