any gamers in Melbourne?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Check my sig.

Also, there's a forum here, to which I'm sure a mod will soon move this thread to, for just this subject :)

breen12345

First Post
Kzach said:
Check my sig.

Also, there's a forum here, to which I'm sure a mod will soon move this thread to, for just this subject :)

Oh, sorry about that Admin. I didn't know.

Hey Kzach, I've created an account on the site from your sig.

Still waiting for the account to activate. How many people do you have for the party so far? I'm looking to play quickly, like this weekend if possible. If the wait is too long then I might be able to do this.

Cheers

Yes, there are gamers in Melbourne.

The RPGA campaigns have many adherants.
Living Greyhawk is 3.5 rules, and the campaign ends this year, but the area covered by Melbourne is the region of Ratik

The new 4th Ed campaign Living Forgotten Realms can be discussed here; Melbourne is covered by the Dragon Coast region.

As well check out the conventions Arcanacon and Conquest, both in Melbourne.

You can find details of DWARF (Dandenong Wargamers and Roleplayers Federation) here

That should be enough to get you started.

Duncan

breen12345

First Post
Duncan Haldane said:
Yes, there are gamers in Melbourne.

The RPGA campaigns have many adherants.
Living Greyhawk is 3.5 rules, and the campaign ends this year, but the area covered by Melbourne is the region of Ratik

The new 4th Ed campaign Living Forgotten Realms can be discussed here; Melbourne is covered by the Dragon Coast region.

As well check out the conventions Arcanacon and Conquest, both in Melbourne.

You can find details of DWARF (Dandenong Wargamers and Roleplayers Federation) here

That should be enough to get you started.

Duncan

Thank you for the info Duncan.

I'm actually trying to test out the new 4th ed rules, so Greyhawk is out of it for me.

LFR doesn't start till Aug 2008, so there is a bit of a wait for me.

DWARF is a bit far away. I live on the otherside of Melbourne. It would be an insanely long drive for me.

I was actually just looking to join a casual group of gamers. I guess there just isn't that many in Melbourne.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
I have no doubt there are plenty of gamers around Melbourne; the problem is that the vast majority of them probably don't post here.

I'm starting a 4E campaign this weekend, but unfortunately I've already got 9 players and I'm not willing to take on any more.

Patrick O'Duffy

First Post
SableWyvern said:
I have no doubt there are plenty of gamers around Melbourne; the problem is that the vast majority of them probably don't post here.

Not all, but some of us do.

For my part, though, while I live in Melbourne I only game with personal friends - which means now I have to start convincing my friends to try out 4E...

(To the original poster - Melbourne has a pretty active con gaming scene, so why not ask the various con groups about good places to find new players?)

breen12345

First Post
Patrick O'Duffy said:
Not all, but some of us do.

For my part, though, while I live in Melbourne I only game with personal friends - which means now I have to start convincing my friends to try out 4E...

(To the original poster - Melbourne has a pretty active con gaming scene, so why not ask the various con groups about good places to find new players?)

OK, what's a "con gaming group"?

How can I contact a con gaming group?

Danceofmasks

First Post
arcanacon, conquest, dwarfcon, all have websites.
Or, if you have friday or wednesday evenings free, drop into RMIT's science fiction and games association.

Remove ads