• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any gamers in Nashville, TN?

Stalker0

Legend
I'm moving to Hermitage, TN very soon, which is just outside of Nashville. I was wondering what the gaming scene is like out there.

rkwoodard

First Post
Just south of Nashville

Hey,
Welcome. I live in Smyrna which is just south of Nashville.

Store-wise there are two of note (besides the various B&N and Borders).
1) The Games Keep in the Old Hickory Aread. This is pretty much the typical gaming store. Good selection, customer service so-so.
2) Nords. This is in Hickory Hollow Mall. So it is smaller and the gaming stuff is not really the prime product. They have tons of board games ( a really good selection). The staff is pretty nice there. But there is not a place to play.

Gaming-wise. There is (or was) a really active RPGA chapter. And I got several hits when I tried to find a game by posting on WotC site. Problem was, they wanted to play weekly or so, and as a family man (married, one toddler, one dog), I am not really able to do Weekly games. But that may change with DDI/VT.

Hope that helps. When are you moving down?

RK

Cintra

First Post
Actually, GameKeep is in Hermitage, so it'll be right near you. They've got a game room, and I believe there are some folks who game there on a regular basis on Saturdays (and maybe Sundays). Save up $100 in receipts from his store and turn them in to get a 10% discount on your next purchase.

I live on the west side of Nashville, too far to go to Hermitage regularly. We game at Blackthorn, a store in Dickson TN (so it'll be too far from you, most likely). Less selection on hand, but quite family-friendly and a really good environment. The store offers much better discounts (and Mark can order pretty much anything and still offer a discount), and if you're into minis, he hosts tournaments whenever the new sets come out.

Although they don't have gaming space, both Nord's Games inside the Hickory Hollow Mall, and Great Escape in downtown Nashville (21st Avenue, I think, although it might be called Broadway in that stretch) carry gaming materials. Nord's has a good selection but doesn't appear to discount anything at all; I'm not sure if Great Escape discounts or not.

rkwoodard

First Post
welcome to nashville

Cintra said:
Actually, GameKeep is in Hermitage, so it'll be right near you. .

See, get use to this. One of my gaming buddies lives less than a mile from GameKeep and has an Old Hickory address. I forget that Gamekeep is in a different city. The whole area is like that where one street over makes huge differences. ....OH, and don't expect roads to keep their same name as you drive down them, nor should you expect that 2 roads with the same name ever meet up.

But Cintra's overview matches mine pretty much. I don't get to Gamekeep that much so I had forgotten their discount program.

But I see you are from Atlanta, so figuring out our traffic quirks should not be too hard.

RK

Twowolves

Explorer
Yes, yes there are gamers in Nashville. Enough to keep the Game Keep, Nord's and The Great Escape moving stock.

At least, that's the rumor

Oryan77

Adventurer
I'm from Antioch but I now live in San Jose, CA. My family & friends are all still in the Nashville area.

I would try to hook you up with a friend of mine but I can't get him interested in gaming with strangers. Most gamers we met were on the quirky side and he'd rather not game than take a chance with a D&D stranger.

But I see people posting for Nashville area games on the WotC site quite often. You should check there and post your own ad up on that forum (and on enworlds player search forum).

Palskane

First Post
Holy crap! I live in Dickson, and have only been to Blackthorn once. I do all my gaming online since I moved here, and had no idea that Blackthorn held tournies or that people played there. When I went there there didn't seem to be much going on, or much inventory at all, so I just never went back.

Remove ads