• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any games to get excited about in 2009?

Felon

First Post
Well, to each their own. MGS4 was the only PS3 exclusive that looked interesting to me, and hearing about half-hour long cutscenes was enough to turn me off.

Pants

First Post

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Dragon Age
Dawn of War 2
Starcraft 2

Those are the titles that I'll buy at full price, sight unseen in 2009. I've got my eye on a lot of other titles, but i'll wait until they are in the 5-20 euro range (depending on how much i want the title).

TwistedBishop

First Post
Dawn of War 2
Starcraft 2

My two most anticipated titles as well. Also Halo Wars and Demigod in Feb/March. 2009 is going to be an amazing year for RTS fans.

For the rest of the year:

Halo: ODST
Resident Evil 5
Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
God of War 3? (not confirmed but seems possible)

I'm keeping an eye on FEAR 2 and Dragon Age still. Aside from the pedigree of the developers, neither has sold me on the games themselves.

Thanee

First Post
Just finished Mass Effect between christmas and today. If Dragon Age is anywhere close to the greatness of that game (apart from the somewhat repetitive side missions, an all around awesome game), it certainly gets on the list as well. :D

Bye
Thanee

TwinBahamut

First Post
Hmmm...

Wii: Muramasa the Demon Blade, Little King's Story, possibly many more. I have a feeling we will see more good titles for this one soon. Certainly I will get several more Virtual Console titles.

XBOX 360: Probably a few things, now that I got one for Christmas. Nothing immediately comes to mind, though... Star Ocean 4, possibly.

PS3: White Knight Chronicles and Valkyria Chronicles. I know the latter is out, but I am waiting for the former before I bother to get the console.

DS: Suikoden Tierkries, Avalon Code, and Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, and that is just for the next few months. Probably many more as more stuff starts coming out, like Dragon Quest 5 and 6.

Mac: Starcraft II. I hope my computer can run this, since this is the only PC/Mac game I will want for the next few years...

Sytonis

First Post
Killzone 2. I don't think I will look at another game until I've had my fill of it. I really enjoyed Uncharted, so Uncharted 2 looks like a must too. Other than that, I am looking forward to the DLC for Burnout Paradise - Paradise Island. There's no game on my PS3 thats had more game time than Burnout Paradise. Absolutely fantastic game.

Sytonis

Remove ads