• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any good D&D 3e or later gameplay podcasts?

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
I just listened to the various Penny Arcade D&D podcasts and found them surprisingly entertaining. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for similar but ideally longer-running podcasts of D&D campaigns?

I've tried two - "Critical Hit" and "Death d4 Dishonor" - but in both cases the DM's style put me off a bit. If I could just listen to Chris Perkins' ongoing campaign I would. Any recommendations?

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I've really enjoyed The Scrimshaw Redemption.

Here's the RPG.net thread by the GM - [4e FR] Icewind Dale 2 - The Scrimshaw Redemption - Page 6 - which has links to the podcasts and also to a thread by one of the players.

The messageboard thread is essentially a blog and I've enjoyed reading the prep and the recap before listening to the podcast. It's good to see how the DM puts the game together.

The DM also did another campaign the same way - Ice Station Zhentarim - and the links can be found in the same thread.

Oh, and it's 4E and set in the Forgotten Realms. Obviously don't go there if either of those things turns you off. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads