Any Interest in a mini painting workshop?

I would be willing to run a mini painting session if there is any interest. This could be expanded to include terrain construction or other stuff.

If there is enough interest then I can haul my stuff up for the day, help beginners get started with the basics, etc. Advanced painters could help share/ trade techniques and paint recipes.

Give a holler if you would be up for this. If I get enough responses by this weekend I will put up a listing along with the materials needed.

madwabbit

First Post
Hmmm. Not to be a bummer, but I'm not sure that the AFT would be thrilled about paints and such in their conference rooms. I'd need to check on that.

Cassander

First Post
Not really interested in painting minis at a gameday, but I'd love to play in one of your BD&D games. I couldn't get into SoS at the last gameday due to a conflict, but I'm still interested in that or another similar game.

Oh, and Frai says she'd be interested in a sequel.

Not really interested in painting minis at a gameday, but I'd love to play in one of your BD&D games. I couldn't get into SoS at the last gameday due to a conflict, but I'm still interested in that or another similar game.

Oh, and Frai says she'd be interested in a sequel.

I got a sequel in the works but I don't know if it will be ready by March.

madwabbit

First Post
Lemme know if this is a no go. Thanks.
The office manager at AFT is preferring that we did NOT do this -- while she appreciates the care we've taken in the past, and the fact that the paints are acrylic and such, she wasn't keen on the idea.

So, just for the sake of maintaining good graces with the AFT, it's a no-go. Sorry, friend.

The office manager at AFT is preferring that we did NOT do this -- while she appreciates the care we've taken in the past, and the fact that the paints are acrylic and such, she wasn't keen on the idea.

So, just for the sake of maintaining good graces with the AFT, it's a no-go. Sorry, friend.

No worries. There didn't appear to be much interest to begin with. Much less crap for me to haul up. :lol:

madwabbit

First Post
No worries. There didn't appear to be much interest to begin with. Much less crap for me to haul up. :lol:
My wife (our venue coordinator) was certainly interested in it, and the AFT mgmt folks didn't completely say no, but there was definitely some discomfort there. I think maybe we can try again at the October gameday, with a concrete "site management & cleanup" proposal?

madwabbit

First Post
Do acrylics have any odor?
They do, and there are folks with acrylic allergies as well. This was one of AFT's concerns -- didn't want anyone having a reaction issue, since we'll be in the smaller conference room (where we were two GD's ago).

In the fall, if we're in the larger conference room (where we were last time), we could *maybe* set folks up near the kitchen, with tile floors and round tables away from carpets and walls.

Remove ads