• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

any l5r fans?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Kwitchit said:
The RnK system is far superior to d20 for the setting, as XP is all story-based and combat is far more deadly.

Okay, it's a wee bit of a stretch, but you can do story-based XP in d20, too.

And the Rokugan d20-Games I played in (admittedly only a couple of sessions), wasn't all that undeadly, with much less of clerical healing goodness around, all the samurai wearing medium armour at best (with light or no armour common - a crane just won't wear armour that interferes with his iai-do).

Still, the Rokugan rules are a blast.

There will be no mixing of incompatible characters such as thieves and ninja that inevitably lead to intra-party homicide.

Well, you can, of course, play a Scorpion from the Shosuro Shinobi School, for example. (I'm sure there are a few excess commas in there), but naturally you won't advertise the fact that you're not, in fact, a samurai or courtier, but an assassin/spy/saboteur, so the intra-party homicide will be on a very limited scope (unless some other party members get too nosy, but that's uncourteous, anyway).

"You want courtly love

Love? If you're lucky. Otherwise, you marry for the clan!

Don't get me wrong. I love Rokugan. In fact, I just decided that I want to try it out one of these days. Maybe as early next session. :D

VoidAdept

First Post
<--- See avatar. :p

I played the CCG for years (from the Time of the Void set, to be precise) but couldn't sink any more cash into it once Lotus came out. I once ran a Rokugan d20 one-shot, but haven't been able to get into any other games because of work.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads