• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any News on a 4E game?

Bugbeears are sneaky sods in TOEE! :p
way they run around your melee folk to trip your casters, ouch!! Good programming and gameplay though! :)
Sofor a laugh, open door, door partially blocked by fighter types (so they can get by 1 at time and take AOOs as they do so), cast Spike Stones in the room...they run to get ot the PCs, get shredded on the spike stones, muhaha!

Kaodi

Hero
I was thinking that it would be nice if there were a trilogy of 4e CRPGs, broken up right along the tiers, where you would get to transfer your characters between them.

It would of course mean that you spent a lot of time at any give level (at least if the games were of appropriate length), though with how 4e works that probably would not be too much of a problem. And it might, you know, mean that some thought would have to be put into the role-playing elements, and having different kinds of rewards other than just experience and loot.

I think reputation could play a central role as a mechanic in such games, which each NPC having their own reputation meter than you fill or take from based on your deeds and actions. So, helping a town would improve your reputation among most of the folks there a fair amount, except for the connivers who want to see it suffer, and among the neighbouring towns who trade with it, but would hurt it a little if your aid hurt a competing towns business, except for the families there who have relatives in the first town, and so on.

mrtauntaun

First Post
In order for a 4E game to work, it would have to be something really, really special. As it is, 4E is a pen and paper MMO. I can play lots of different 4E style games with almost any MMO. It will be trickey to get a standalone game to work, and sell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads