• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any other vegetarians / vegans?

Gnome

First Post
I was just curious how many other vergetarians or vegans were on EN World. I'm a vegetarian who eats a mostly vegan diet myself. :)

Tewligan

First Post
Well, I had been doing the full-on vegetarian thing for almost a year until just a couple of months ago. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - it helped that I live in an apartment with a couple of people who are mostly vegetarian. However, i just realized that I like meat a LOT, and I have other bad habits that aren't any good for me, so now I'm back on the meat wagon. Mmm, sweet flesh!

Oh, and something I discovered when I started eating meat again - if you suddenly eat a lot of meat after close to a year of not eating any at all, your digestive system will react VERY violently for a few days. Ugh.

Qlippoth

Explorer
I've been vegetarian since 1988, though I do include fish in my diet (being that they're among the least cuddly of the food animals, I guess) along with eggs & dairy. That said, my diet isn't the shining example it could be...

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
I can't be a vegetarian. My doctor won't let me. I need beef protein to offset my neurological condition.

Similarly, my son's fiancee used to be a vegetarian. But she, too was informed she needed to eat meat to avoid IBS complications. Fruit and vegetables exit her system at the speed of dark.

The Shaman

First Post
I've been a vegetarian for a little over ten years now.

When I lived on my own, I kept to a strictly vegan diet. After my wife and I were married, I let in dairy and egg-whites again - it's a bit easier for both of us this way.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
I eat fish, but no four-chambered-heart critters. (It has to do with higher cognitive functions for me; I also won't eat octopodes).

Daniel

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Tewligan said:
Oh, and something I discovered when I started eating meat again - if you suddenly eat a lot of meat after close to a year of not eating any at all, your digestive system will react VERY violently for a few days. Ugh.
You know, this is the exact example I give pet owners when telling them not to switch their pet's food too quickly. ;) Its true to a lesser extent of different kinds of meat, too. If I've been pure fish and chicken for my protien for a while then have a lot of beef, my digestive tract gives me what-for. :heh:

I was veggie with fish for a while then went to "only free range meats" but convienience has been beating me down on that... :( Maybe someday I will have a diet I can feel good about and, you know, actually get nutrition into me with. :eek:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads