• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any priests, shamans, witches, or other people who perform religious ceremonies going to Gen Con?

TL;DR - If you'd be willing to perform a brief blessing (or exorcism) on the E.N. Publishing staff at Gen Con, let me know.

E.N. Publishing just finished our big ZEITEIST Kickstarter, and one of our stretch goals was that if we got 200 backers, we'd film ourselves getting the evil spirits removed. See, last year our ZEITGEIST release schedule kept hitting snags due to things like terribly sick children, people losing jobs, hard drives crashing, freelancers disappearing, EN World getting hacked, and even a bedbug infestation. (Plus, I hear there are swarms of cicadas coming out now, which are kind of like locusts, right? [IANAEntomologist])

I'm not sure if we angered a vengeful god, accidentally spurned a gypsy woman, or just are having really bad dice rolls, but I decided it couldn't hurt to have some supernatural support on our side. Russ (morrus the owner), Thurston (rugult the Pathfinder guy), and I (rangerwickett) will all be at Gen Con. I might ask Eric (marius delphus the layout guy) to send us a lock of his hair we can pin to a doll, so he can be there in spirit.

We'd like to find someone who is willing to perform some sort of cleansing ritual on us, and let us film it and put it on YouTube. Preferably the priest/shaman/witch/wu jen/vel ceteri has more than just an online certificate ordaining him, since we can always just head to the downtown Indianapolis Catholic church and take confession.

Please understand, this is a little tongue in cheek, and we're not trying to offend anyone. But if you or a wise man you know will be at Gen Con, we ask that you help us out.

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
I think if they get multiple takers, they should be blessed/exorcised/consecrated by each tradition. Just to be sure.

Janx

Hero
be sure to consecrate the hotel room before the ceremony. with sage. get that smoke all around, especially the windows and door. most especially the door. make sure that smoke wafts through the cracks, especially the bottom.

I'm sure nothing bad will come of that.

mattingly

First Post
The Christian Gamers Guild holds church service at GenCon every year. Also, at the booth this year, those of us who were vendors gathered before the hall opened each day to pray for the vendors, the shoppers, and the con. Our non-vendor members gather outside the hall to pray for the general attendees, staff, hotels, and all of that.

--
Dave Mattingly
Christian Gamers Guild

Remove ads