• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any sheets out there that calculate power attack, etc?

MrGrenadine

Explorer
Wondering if anyone has either made or stumbled across any sort of automated 4e character sheet that can calculate power attack bonuses, action point bonuses, spells like Weapon of the Gods and Song of Courage--basically things that affect attacks and/or damage conditionally, and can be stacked up on various powers.

I ask because I'm working on a sheet that actually does this, up to a point. For instance, above the powers list, I included a cell for power attack--if you enter a 1 into the cell, the attack and damage modifiers for all weapon-based powers on the sheet that can use PA change automatically. (And then setting the cell to 0 turns off PA.)

I also have a cell for an Action point--a 1 in the cell changes all of my implement powers to reflect the added +3 to attacks due to Action Surge, but the problem is I can't seem to figure out an easy way to have both AP and PA bonuses affect weapon-based powers.

I'm using an IF function for both--IF the PA cell number is greater than zero, then it gives you the PA numbers. But the binary thing doesn't work when there is more than one conditional modifier in play.

Does that make sense?

Ideally, what I'd like to do is be able to do is add different conditions, spell bonuses, etc. which will automatically change all of the attack and damage numbers for the appropriate attacks.

Thanks for the help!

p.s. If the Wizards Character Builder does this, I'm out of luck--I'm a Mac guy.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
No worries, CB doesn't do this either. What program are you trying to create this with? Is it a mac exclusive program, or something like Adobe? Usually if the coding can include "if" arguments, you can also use "and" and "or" arguments as well to get those binary answers to add up.

My main concern with trying to tackle this is are you going to implement every possible configuration and addition a character can get, or just feats? Even so, there are a lot of conditional feats out there.

An easier suggestion, and one that would translate well to printed copies of your sheet, would be to have the person using it input the value they add instead, then your formula can just look at relevant cells and add them all up for the result. A more complicated, but equally more elegant option would be to create functions that define Power Attack, Action Surge, etc and have your powers call those functions when they calculate the result.

MrGrenadine

Explorer
Thats a great idea--instead of having the sheet recognize that PA is being used and changing the attack and damage mods directly, I can have the on/off switch fill separate cells that the attack and damage mods refer to those cells when calculating totals.

So if PA, or any other condition or spell is "off", the cells referred to just show zeroes, leaving the total attack, etc. unaffected.

Hmm...I bet I could have a huge list of spells and conditions on the sheet, check them on and off when appropriate, and have all numbers on the sheet update as needed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads