• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any suggestions for Wee Jas weapon relic?

Vahktang

First Post
Our hero, a 13 th level sword sage from book of nine swords, was nice enough to take a True Believer feat for Wee Jas.
I want to reward that sort of role playing with a religious relic.
The Ruby Blade from Magic Item Compendium makes it an Axiomatic weapon to those lawful and, with True Believer, turn undead 4 levels higher and cast the spell Status.
Not very good for a fighter type.
So, I'm looking for suggestions for a nice weapon religious relic.
If it's for another gawd, I can adapt it.

One suggestion I like is that it adds a martial manuever if you are lawful, and, with the TB feat, the next round after a hit, it adapts to that DR, even to piercing, blunt and slashing.
Too powerful?
And it doesn't seem all that exciting.

What say you all?

DumbPaladin

First Post
The "changes DR to match what it needs" modifier exists in Magic Item Compendium: it's a +2 bonus, and I don't think it's too powerful at all. In fact, it's awesome.

But since this is Wee Jas, maybe that ability only triggers under certain circumstances -- like against undead? Or against undead and chaotic creatures? This weakens it a bit, but it makes more sense given the deity's flavor.

I'd recommend a couple of other minor abilities that will prove helpful, but won't turn the weapon into anything insane.

-- Give the weapon the undead bane ability? (Always nice for a fighter.)
-- Allow the weapon to cast spark of life once per day upon a target? (Really nasty spell against undead: it essentially takes away their undead template, thus rendering them vulnerable to many, many things...)
-- Have the weapon grant your hero a Knowledge (Religion) or Intelligence or Wisdom check to ascertain a particular vulnerability of the enemy? Or if you want to be nicer, the weapon simply informs the hero of a particularly useful piece of information against an undead or chaotic creature he/she is fighting?

Remove ads