• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any Thurderspire (H2) aides?

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
UPDATE: Will list any and all H2 resources I can find here! Send me any links you have.

MONSTERS
List of monsters in H2
Monster cards from Wonka! (updated 15 August 2008)

COUNTERS
Two pages of NPC counters to use for H2 (courtesy of frankthedm!): 1, 2
The H2 series from Fiery Dragon (makers of the free KotS counters). Yes, it costs $4.

ITEMS
Magic Item Cards courtesy of jgsquid!

BATTLE MAPS
High resolution maps from Bumamgar - great for color printing or virtual gaming (in-work)!
High resolution scale maps from NeonKnight - need a free Cartographer Guild account!
Printer-friendly maps from your neighborhood Samurai

PLAYER HANDOUTS
Seven-Pillared Hall courtesy of elandy!
The Rest: Chamber of Eyes, Horned Hold, Well of Demons, and area map courtesy of elandy!

MISC
Break out and tile-ize your hi-res maps with this info provided by nerf ninja!

STILL LOOKING FOR ...
* Match the H2 counters to monsters they represent
* Breaking out high-resolution maps into battle mats
* Printer-friendly statue art for battlemats: Minotaur and Skull

Last edited:

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
And so it begins ...

NOTE: These are intended to be printer-friendly.

Please let me know if/when you find errors with the maps. The tiles begin blend together after awhile!

If anyone has a good source for printer-friendly dungeon terrain that I can add in the map, please let me know! Also, I am using paint.net and have .pdn files for anyone interested.

27 August 2008 (**UPDATE 19**)
-- Completed T3 wil all elements
-- Could not find Skull Idol image - used generic Statue symbol
-- Could not find Skull statue image - used generic statue symbol
-- This completes Tower of Mysteries
-- This completes Thunderspire (first draft)

Get the current Thunderspire Maps zip file.
See thunderspireMapsLog for change history.

Attachments

• thunderspireMapsLog.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Thanks, Hawke - did go over there and they some great resources. I need my maps to be printer-friendly, but I still found some textures over there! If anyone has a good source for fireplace/torch/brazier art, let me know! Thanks.

onej

First Post
this post is maybe bit offtopic but...

printing maps is not cheap and u need to glue them together ...

why dont u make an dry erase board and paint the map asu u progress in the dungeon its more fun and as dm you can let the pc paint the battle grid as the go :p

here are some photos from my homemade dry erase battle grid ( 1 m^2 of this stuff (dont know how its called :-S) cost in bauhaus or obi about 6 € ) get an waterproof marker and make an 1 inch grid on the surface, then use the dry erase markers to paint the map

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    600 KB · Views: 861
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    597 KB · Views: 763

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Updated

Okay, the update (see post #2) now contains all of the elements for A1 - C3. Note that the brazier is still missing from C2a and I really don't like the fireplace in C3b.

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Update four

(see post #2)

No new rooms at this time; just added light sources to the existing rooms. I probably need to go completely black and white due to file size, but I'll hold off until the next major section is done.

Next up is the Horned Hold which should be interesting!

Wonka

First Post
Someone made monster cards for KotS... any chance of doing that wonderful service for H2?

I have the MSE set they used for it, seeing as how I plan to run this adventure soon I can probably make cards for it. Check back soon for those, i got the day off from work today and nothing better to do :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads