• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any word on 4e from the big names?

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
If you listen to podcasts from some of their sites, its not very pleasant as to 4E and the GSL...

I listened to some casts from Green Ronin interviewing themselves and Paizo, as well as a few podcasts linked on their sites, and I got the impression there were stronger plans to throw weight into True20, Pathfinder, and even Savage Worlds.

There's fear that the GSL might someday be revoked as has just happened to d20. Beyond any system preferences, that's a major issue that a publisher needs to take into account. There's also concern over the way the GSL has been discussed to date, and the limits it has had and not had at varying changing points. I think there was also some cconcern that the GSL might be more restrictive on genre/content allowed than d20 was - requiring perhaps a particular style of fantasy... or not.

They're working off of rumors, and those introduce unpredictability, and unpredictability is a very bad thing around which to make a business plan.

EDIT: Looks like Pramas has posted here. So, be aware my post is the impression -I- got from those podcasts.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
We hopefully see the details soon, but this seems to be the general idea.
Though we don't really know how "lines" are defined.

Lets hope the GSL has express terms defining explicitly what a 'product line' is. And also that this particular definition, once declared, cannot be altered by future alterations of the GSL.

Mythtify

First Post
bolen said:
They can't do that because if they published Freeport 4ed, it could support only 4ed (right?) or does the license only say a line can't support both 4ed and the old game?

Chris already said what I wanted to.

Last edited:

qstor

Adventurer
Turanil said:
If you cannot do one for 4e, it would be nice you do one for C&C. Many people would praise you for that.

C&C is easy to convert from 3.x. Just the NPCs and creatures would have to be converted. The books are easy to use with C&C.

Mike

Pramas

Explorer
Turanil said:
If you cannot do one for 4e, it would be nice you do one for C&C. Many people would praise you for that.

The Castles & Crusades Freeport Companion is the next one scheduled, in fact. We've got a manuscript and it should be moving into layout soon.

Pramas

Explorer
arcady said:
I listened to some casts from Green Ronin interviewing themselves and Paizo, as well as a few podcasts linked on their sites, and I got the impression there were stronger plans to throw weight into True20, Pathfinder, and even Savage Worlds.

We've spent nearly a year waiting for WotC to figure out what they want to do with 4E and third party publishers and we are still waiting to see the GSL. We may do some 4E stuff but we'd be foolish to let successful lines fall by the wayside when we do.

Folks who'd like to hear a discussion on the issues should listen to Episode 7 of the Green Ronin Podcast with special guest Erik Mona of Paizo.

http://www.greenronin.com/podcast/

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads