• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody play MOO3 AFTER the big patch?

Felon

First Post
OK, not to put too fine a head on things, the general consensus regarding MOO3 was that it sucked. Big-time. Too much stuff players that was oriented towards auto-pilot and NPC races that virtually never attacked.

But there was a big patch that came out about 6 months after release, which was supposedly a fix for most of the common complaints. Did anybody try it out? Was the game any more playable at that point?

Tyrion

First Post
Felon said:
OK, not to put too fine a head on things, the general consensus regarding MOO3 was that it sucked. Big-time. Too much stuff players that was oriented towards auto-pilot and NPC races that virtually never attacked.

But there was a big patch that came out about 6 months after release, which was supposedly a fix for most of the common complaints. Did anybody try it out? Was the game any more playable at that point?

The game is still pretty much worthless, even with the patch. Also, I believe there was a subsequent fan-made patch, but it also didn't do enough. The core gameplay of MoO3 is just too flawed. Patching it is like trying to spray deodorant on a pile of dog feces.

Silvanos

First Post
Tyrion said:
The game is still pretty much worthless, even with the patch. Also, I believe there was a subsequent fan-made patch, but it also didn't do enough. The core gameplay of MoO3 is just too flawed. Patching it is like trying to spray deodorant on a pile of dog feces.

I tried it after the patch, and it just does not capture the feel of the first ones. But hey, Falcon 4.0 is really old, and recent patches have made it a whole new game. Even like 6 years later! There is hope!

Drew

MarauderX

Explorer
I got the patch but refuse to use it since it would break the links with the current games we have going. Perhaps we will just wait for patch 1.4.9.2.3.5.2.8 to come out to circumvent that problem... or wait for MoO4.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The patch did not help, while it did make the AI a 'little bit' more aggressive it was not enough, it did not address the overall flow, time table in the game (things seemed to happen at or around the same point) and interface issues (note: some mods did redo the interface but I did not play around with those).

Remove ads